Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Galloway and Pilgrim Leaving

Featured Replies

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both guys are unfortunate to have come to UK with certain expectations promised by Billy Clyde. Those expectations vanish with the changing of the guard at UK.

 

This is a situation where the NCAA's established transfer rules are very unfair to the players. These circumstances are totally out of their control.

 

Am I right in assuming that Kevin Galloway will be forced to go NAIA or Division II or less to have a senior season? If Matt Pilgram tries another Division I school, will he have just two years eligibility remaining?

From what I was told Pilgrim was at least 20 pounds overweight and was enjoying life in Lexington more than his fair share. As I have said on here for a year Matt is a talented kid that could wow you in ways that never translated to actual big time D1 production. Big time talent, small time reality of what it would take to make it happen...

It should really affect Pilgrim at all because he redshirted? Right?

My thinking is that he sat as a transfer last season and will sit as a transfer this season if he goes to a NCAA Division I school. It is like getting two redshirts in which one counts as a played without playing season. It's 5 years to play 4. With Matt Pilgram, it will be 5 to play 3 unless he goes small.

So far I have been correct with the players leaving :)... I think one more is going to join them. Just my opinion.

My thinking is that he sat as a transfer last season and will sit as a transfer this season if he goes to a NCAA Division I school. It is like getting two redshirts in which one counts as a played without playing season. It's 5 years to play 4. With Matt Pilgram, it will be 5 to play 3 unless he goes small.

 

Doesn't seem right to me. If he didn't play last year, he should be able to transfer to wherever he wants to play this upcoming season.

From what I was told Pilgrim was at least 20 pounds overweight and was enjoying life in Lexington more than his fair share. As I have said on here for a year Matt is a talented kid that could wow you in ways that never translated to actual big time D1 production. Big time talent, small time reality of what it would take to make it happen...

 

You said this about Pilgrim all along. Where do you think he lands?

If in fact in the rules these guys would have to sit out another year I think they both drop down so they do not have to sit out.

You said this about Pilgrim all along. Where do you think he lands?

 

Depends on if he can get a waiver to play right away...

Depends on if he can get a waiver to play right away...

 

The NCAA gets it wrong most of the time but I think he will get one.

The NCAA gets it wrong most of the time but I think he will get one.

 

I hope so. Seems unfair if he doesn't. Good luck to both young men.

From what I was told Pilgrim was at least 20 pounds overweight and was enjoying life in Lexington more than his fair share. As I have said on here for a year Matt is a talented kid that could wow you in ways that never translated to actual big time D1 production. Big time talent, small time reality of what it would take to make it happen...

 

Are you saying he has been training with Mel Turpin?:confused:

Are you saying he has been training with Mel Turpin?:confused:

 

Turp the Burp. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.