Bledsoe’s coach concerned about playing time at UK

Baseballguy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bledsoe might be on the bench next year with if UK gets Brandon Knight too. Maybe Bledsoe will show Wall how to work in the weight room. Bledsoe has some guns on him.

With Cal already having Bledsoe(3-4 seasons) as PG, Knight may not be that big of a recruiting priority. He may be looking to use that scholarship someplace else and go for a top PG the following season. This Cal recruiting class is awesome, but I don't expect to get this every season and anyone who thinks different is fooling themselves. I believe Bledsoe will get 12-15 minutes a game. If Meeks is back I don't see Bledsoe starting, but I do see that there could be times that Wall and Bledsoe will be in the game at the same time.

Bledsoe is not a combo guard, and neither is Wall. With that said Wall is getting 30+ minutes a game from day 1. Add Meeks and his 30+ minutes. Any way you slice it, there isn't a lot of time available for Bledsoe...

Maybe not his freshman year, but next year he should get some solid minutes.

With Cal already having Bledsoe(3-4 seasons) as PG, Knight may not be that big of a recruiting priority. He may be looking to use that scholarship someplace else and go for a top PG the following season. This Cal recruiting class is awesome, but I don't expect to get this every season and anyone who thinks different is fooling themselves. I believe Bledsoe will get 12-15 minutes a game. If Meeks is back I don't see Bledsoe starting, but I do see that there could be times that Wall and Bledsoe will be in the game at the same time.

Bledsoe will be a sophomore and Knight will be a freshman, so 3-4 seasons under Cal isn't possible. If Wall leaves after next year as a top 3 pick, you can gaurantee that a top pg like Knight will take notice and UK will be in his final choices if he hasn't chosen. It's a good problem to have for UK!

Bledsoe will be a sophomore and Knight will be a freshman, so 3-4 seasons under Cal isn't possible. If Wall leaves after next year as a top 3 pick, you can gaurantee that a top pg like Knight will take notice and UK will be in his final choices if he hasn't chosen. It's a good problem to have for UK!

Bledsoe is a freshman now, so yes 3-4 seasons are possible.

Bledsoe is a freshman now, so yes 3-4 seasons are possible.

I thought you meant Bledsoe would already be under Cal for 3-4 seasons before Knight went to UK, my bad on misinterpriting you. UK will have around 5 schollys next year to use and Barton will be the first to get one, Cal will recruit Knight, Irving and Jackson as pg. Roscoe Smith and C.J. Leslie are targets also.

Ford did know, and was wanting him to go elsewhere. Bledsoe wanted to play for Cal. This is an old story just being rehashed...

My question is, if Bledsoe and the coach talked about this before he committed to UK, why bring it up now? The kid has made his decision. He knew there was a possibility Wall would also be at UK. He seems to be content with his decision. What reason does it serve for his coach to bring it up now?

What do you think GT?

Who cares what his high school coach thinks!?

Just what I was thinking as well , unless he has 2 or 3 more 5 star players playing for him. I'm sure he is trying to lookout for for his former player, but Bledsoe had to know Wall to UK could happen when he signed.

My question is, if Bledsoe and the coach talked about this before he committed to UK, why bring it up now? The kid has made his decision. He knew there was a possibility Wall would also be at UK. He seems to be content with his decision. What reason does it serve for his coach to bring it up now?

What do you think GT?

His coach was asked a question and answered it. I've interviewed Ford before, and he's not exactly a delight to talk to...

It seems to me that with Bledsoe and Wall we are getting the best of both worlds. Wall will play big minutes while Bledsoe will back him up and probably play some with both in the game at the same time. Wall will probably move on after a year and UK will be left with a very talented PG with a year under his belt.