May 13, 200917 yr Now I know it doesn't happen this way, but it should. I wish that the NCAA would go after the people involved, longer suspensions ect, not the program itself. Why ruin innocent kids college careers? Most, if not all of the people who are involved in these kind of thing don't care at all about the school or the program, Only punish them. I agree usually the people hurt the most in suspension situations had nothing to do with the cause of suspension in the first place, pusnish only the involved where ever they may be.
May 13, 200917 yr Now I know it doesn't happen this way, but it should. I wish that the NCAA would go after the people involved, longer suspensions ect, not the program itself. Why ruin innocent kids college careers? Most, if not all of the people who are involved in these kind of thing don't care at all about the school or the program, Only punish them. So the school (program) have not responsibility in this? What would keep a school from just firing this coach in trouble and hiring another to do the exact same thing and then repeat the process once he's been fired as well? I know it's tough that the innocent are punished but I think rules now allow for them to transfer to other schools and play if they wish and maybe not even have to sit out the season.
May 13, 200917 yr They should make it a free for all. If these kids have a value.... let them be paid accordingly. If boosters have and are willing to spend crazy amounts of money on the kid - why not?
May 13, 200917 yr If it's not that way Hatz it should be. Just imagine USC gets major sanctions and as long as you weren't involved in anything wrong you can transfer without sitting out. That would straighten things out pretty quickly when schools loose their entire basketball team.
May 13, 200917 yr They should make it a free for all. If these kids have a value.... let them be paid accordingly. If boosters have and are willing to spend crazy amounts of money on the kid - why not? I think the NCAA tries to make it as level a playing field as possible and there's no way that happens with this concept.
May 13, 200917 yr School administrators would be held accountable as well. I do not think they would allow this stuff knowing that if they get caught, in order for the school to remain in the NCAA they would have to leave the school, and cannot be associated with any other NCAA school. So the school (program) have not responsibility in this? What would keep a school from just firing this coach in trouble and hiring another to do the exact same thing and then repeat the process once he's been fired as well? I know it's tough that the innocent are punished but I think rules now allow for them to transfer to other schools and play if they wish and maybe not even have to sit out the season.
May 13, 200917 yr For example: UK and Eddie Sutton. Who know about what was going on? Was it fair to the players who did nothing wrong, the students at UK? innocent faculty? Then of course the fan base? To have it all taken away because a couple of people went against the rules? I still say there are ways to only punish those involved.
May 13, 200917 yr I think the NCAA tries to make it as level a playing field as possible and there's no way that happens with this concept. Socialism. The NCAA tries to control everything and keep as many $$$ in their own pocket as possible. They don't want a level playing field, they want schools with a huge following in bowl games close to home so more money can be made. There is nothing noble about the NCAA.
May 13, 200917 yr Socialism. The NCAA tries to control everything and keep as many $$$ in their own pocket as possible. They don't want a level playing field, they want schools with a huge following in bowl games close to home so more money can be made. There is nothing noble about the NCAA. Bad example. The NCAA has no say in bowl games...
May 13, 200917 yr Bad example. The NCAA has no say in bowl games... Ok, then I'll just stick with "There is nothing noble about the NCAA."
May 13, 200917 yr Ok, then I'll just stick with "There is nothing noble about the NCAA." Much better... :lol:
May 13, 200917 yr Socialism. The NCAA tries to control everything and keep as many $$$ in their own pocket as possible. They don't want a level playing field, they want schools with a huge following in bowl games close to home so more money can be made. There is nothing noble about the NCAA. Socialism ??? What you describe is GREED !!
May 14, 200917 yr Should this be true (and I tend to think that maybe it is) does this really suprise anyone? Mayo's entire high school basketball carrer was a circus act with all the transfers, rumors, adults/AAU coaches taking advantage of him to try and make a name for themselves. Mayo also imo was allowing all of this to go on after he was 18. Oh well, I don't believe that O.J. is worried too much about it now, he seems to have done quite well for himself. As for Floyd and USC, this coming after the Reggie Bush/P. Carroll thing cannot be good. I would think that if there is anything to it at all that USC will be getting rid of Floyd and be looking for a new basketball coach pretty soon. (to try and lessen the penalties from the NCAA) JMO
May 14, 200917 yr Socialism. The NCAA tries to control everything and keep as many $$$ in their own pocket as possible. They don't want a level playing field, they want schools with a huge following in bowl games close to home so more money can be made. There is nothing noble about the NCAA. Has college basketball now went to a bowl system instead of March Madness :idunno:? :lol: (j/k Pato)
May 14, 200917 yr I am still trying to figure out why we are taking the word of a disgruntled ex-inner circle member. Then how does one prove this claim? Did Floyd write a check? Send cash via Fed Ex? Even if it shows that Floyd withdrew $1,000 from his checking account, how does one prove what he did with it? All it takes is $1,000 to get an OJ Mayo type kid into your program? I would have thought it would be much more than that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.