Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wall Down to Two Schools

Featured Replies

Jerry Tipton is reporting that it may draw out well past May 20th...

 

Great.

 

I saw that too. Makes me want to do this...

 

:puke:

  • Replies 68
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think he can sign a LOI after this signing period either, but I don't know that much about the process. Ultimately what I'm saying/asking is that if Wall doesn't sign by the 20th, can he sign at all?

 

Not sure but I do know there is no requirement to sign an LOI in order to be able to play. I wouldn't sign one if I was a player of Wall's caliber.

I don't think he can sign a LOI after this signing period either, but I don't know that much about the process. Ultimately what I'm saying/asking is that if Wall doesn't sign by the 20th, can he sign at all?

If he doesn't sign by the 20th the only thing he will have to sign is scholarship papers...

I don't think he can sign a LOI after this signing period either, but I don't know that much about the process. Ultimately what I'm saying/asking is that if Wall doesn't sign by the 20th, can he sign at all?

I am not as fluent as others are on the subject, but Wall does not need to sign a LOI to play anywhere, just as long as he is enrolled in the school. The purpose of the LOI is to restrict access to kids that have already decided on their college choice.

If he doesn't sign by the 20th the only thing he will have to sign is scholarship papers...

OK, that's what I thought it was.

 

So for the third time I ask, is Wall going to be the recruit that sets this trend? People have talked for a while about how the truly great recruits don't have to lock themselves in with a LOI, but they do it anyway. Do you think Wall is going to go that route?

Not sure but I do know there is no requirement to sign an LOI in order to be able to play. I wouldn't sign one if I was a player of Wall's caliber.

Nor would I until late in the year when all the chips have fallen as far as the coaching carousel goes. I highly doubt a lot more activity will take place between now and the start of the Fall semester since school is already out and kids will start reporting here soon. Good example is DeMarcus Cousins.

OK, that's what I thought it was.

 

So for the third time I ask, is Wall going to be the recruit that sets this trend? People have talked for a while about how the truly great recruits don't have to lock themselves in with a LOI, but they do it anyway. Do you think Wall is going to go that route?

I think he has somewhat set the trend. I think Cousins is a better example as to why you do not sign a LOI, but Wall does not seem to mind the attention. The worst part is, it really puts schools in a bind with the scholarship situation if it goes beyond the May 20 deadline. I do not have a problem with it because schools have no problem treating kids like pawns in all of this and benefiting from their success.
See O.J. Mayo.

 

See the recent news why OJ went to USC!! :idunno:

First time poster! For what its worth I noticed tonight that ESPN had updated Wall's list with UK on top and Miami under us with Duke 3rd!!

Edited by bugatti

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.