Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quiet...

Featured Replies

No it is not!! I think there is a situation that is hitting a little closer to home and it involves more than one Student(s) here. If what I am hearing is true and this has been going now for the last 4 years, someone's in trouble. Like TDY has said, we will just have to wait to see what happens. The damage is already done and I'm sure someone or something will surface here soon. But then again, if a person is going to put the school in this situation at risk, then I would have to say they have done their homework.

 

I meant to add that we are talking about a Private school here.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question for you or anybody that would know. Can a Alum of a private school pay for another kids(not his own) tuition or does he have to donate it to the school and then the school put it in their general tuition fund. Lets say this happened and it's not allowed by the KHSAA. What would the penalties be? Would the school be penalized and/or the kids that accepted the payment for tuition?

 

I seem to recall that something similar happened elsewhere in the state but I cannot remember what the penalties were if any.

 

Only parents, grand-parents or legal guardians may pay tuition for a child to a private school. I believe that's how the KHSAA and the state have decided to go.

Only parents, grand-parents or legal guardians may pay tuition for a child to a private school. I believe that's how the KHSAA and the state have decided to go.

 

If this is the case then buckle your seat belts. I't going to be an interesting ride to say the least. Someone is going to be in trouble..:scared:

Only parents, grand-parents or legal guardians may pay tuition for a child to a private school. I believe that's how the KHSAA and the state have decided to go.

 

K thanks! That's what I figured because that only makes sense. But you know some people will go to extreme lengths sometimes. But whatever, to each his own. I think the situation will play out in the end anyway.

If this is the case then buckle your seat belts. I't going to be an interesting ride to say the least. Someone is going to be in trouble..:scared:
Whom ? Pray tell ?

What is to keep said donor (if they can not pay the tuition directly to the school) from giving it to the parents, to then pay the tuition directly? Up to IRS Regs, I think you can give up to $12,000 a year now. What would be the difference? How could they enforce that?

What is to keep said donor (if they can not pay the tuition directly to the school) from giving it to the parents, to then pay the tuition directly? Up to IRS Regs, I think you can give up to $12,000 a year now. What would be the difference? How could they enforce that?

 

It is hard to trace cash.

Remember, If a person is given $$ for tuition, they have to claim it as income and Uncle Sam must get his portion!!:deadhorse::eyeonyou:

No it is not!! I think there is a situation that is hitting a little closer to home and it involves more than one Student(s) here. If what I am hearing is true and this has been going now for the last 4 years, someone's in trouble. Like TDY has said, we will just have to wait to see what happens. The damage is already done and I'm sure someone or something will surface here soon. But then again, if a person is going to put the school in this situation at risk, then I would have to say they have done their homework.

 

Looks like this subject is coming alive again. Some are asking for it to be moved to this forum.

If this is the case then buckle your seat belts. I't going to be an interesting ride to say the least. Someone is going to be in trouble..:scared:

 

Buckle up!!! Blue Magic has some insider information apparently.

Only parents, grand-parents or legal guardians may pay tuition for a child to a private school. I believe that's how the KHSAA and the state have decided to go.

 

So a kid who lives with a grandparent, but school is paid by a uncle is a violation of KHSAA rules.

Also I believe that LCA was using school money, such as financial aid to pay for the students in question.

If I want to pay for a kid other than my own, to go to private or out of district school that my business.

So a kid who lives with a grandparent, but school is paid by a uncle is a violation of KHSAA rules.

Also I believe that LCA was using school money, such as financial aid to pay for the students in question.

If I want to pay for a kid other than my own, to go to private or out of district school that my business.

 

It may be your business, but if you are not in the immediate family of a student and you pay any part of the student's tuition or financial obligation to a school, the kid would be ineligible for athletics under the current rules.

 

By the way, to correct an earlier post, the KHSAA permits tuition to be paid by a member of a student's immediate family. By law 13.1).g) defines immediate family as the student and the student's father, mother, brother, sister, step-father, step-mother, step-brother, step-sister, husband, wife, aunt, uncle and grandparent.

Everyone is acting like the KHSAA won't all the kid to go to a private school. They are not blocking the kid from a private school education, if his tuition is indeed paid by someone other than his family, just athletics.

Maybelle and I are for vouchers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.