Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best new coach?

Featured Replies

So who will do the best job next year? This does not mean who will win the most games, but rather build on the program that they have taken over! Any front runners before the season starts? Its early lets have some fun!:dancingpa

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Poynter at Bourbon will do the best I think the past coaches done well enough to have a foundation but no real success and the timing for a new coach was good, with a district that will be at an all time low next year I look for Bourbon to be in the hunt.

I think that Nick Rice at Newport will do a good job this season building up the program and reestablishing some school spirit/pride into the program, that has seemed to be lacking as of late (at least from an outsider's point of view).

Matt Kettler at Webster Co. will do a fine job. Probably the youngest Head Coach in the state at the tender age of 25. Good luck to the Bulldog as he embarks on what I think will be an extraordinary Head Coaching career.

Chris Larkey has his hands full at North Laurel, but I believe they will be better than some expect this fall in his first season. The changes and things he is doing differently have the kids' confidence up. I don't see them winning district or anything, but I think they will be better than 2-8 with no playoffs this past fall.

Copley at Greenup County.

 

Agreed. He will either be a hero in Greenup, or he will prove that sports in GC are a very tough job. I think he willl do fine, and I hope that he does. Greenup should be one of the best teams in EKY in most sports.

I think anyone from ST. X would be a great coach even if they coached at Fern Creek at one time. He He Ha Ha:laugh: Just kidding.:sssh:

  • Author

Anyone who has been a part of a winning program like St. X would be a great hire for any school.

Just beacause you come from a traditionally strong program, their is no guarantee that you will succed as a Head Coach. I believe that the precedent has been set with certain Coaches in a traditional power program.

I would say Most if not schools in kentucky are completely different areas in the world of coaching when compared to ST. X or T.

Poynter will have a big impact at Bourbon.

Lance Gregory at Graves County:thumb:

Copley at Greenup County.
:thumb:

 

He has already made huge improvements in the attitude of the administration, parents and the boys. His commitment to excellence will build a foundation for a great future for GC Football.

Edited by PureFan
spelling - typing to fast!

Just beacause you come from a traditionally strong program, their is no guarantee that you will succed as a Head Coach. I believe that the precedent has been set with certain Coaches in a traditional power program.

 

Especially since X and T are so undisciplined on and off the field and do nothing in the offseason. The person from one of those would have no idea how to manage a program and parents.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.