Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Frankfort High looking for a new coach

Featured Replies

I just read where Frankfort has posted a vacancy for the head boys basketball coaching position. Anyone know what happened with Michael Allen? Lafayette maybe? I'm just throwing that out there because he's from Lexington.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were did you see it posted?

Not surprising, you don't have the numbers to win there.

Were did you see it posted?

 

It is on the KHSAA website under open jobs.

They have some pretty good talent for the next couple of years. Just need some stability. The players don't know if they are coming or going.

I'm not sure this is right I have yet to confirm...

Not surprising, you don't have the numbers to win there.

 

They've won for years in football fielding 30+ players. It's hard to believe that couldn't have success (maybe not regional titles) on the basketball court.

I'm not sure this is right I have yet to confirm...

 

It is on the KHSAA website.

Do you have to be on staff to coach? It says they have math, social studies and English available...

Edited by bugatti

I have not heard of the coach being let go. But I do know that at FHS they post every position that is held by a para-professional every year. So this may just be a posting. doesn't mean he is out.

He was let go and he is supposedly one of the final 4 candidates for the Lafayette job according to a player.

How many different coaches does this make in the last 6 years? 5? I don't believe in the not having the ability to compete, they have had a lot of good kids in that time.

C-Crazy, What do you know about some of the talent that they have coming back?

Actually it wasn't of the talent that they have coming up. The statement reads that the coaching turnover should not be there due to an inability to compete. They have had some really good kids that you could compete with.

How many different coaches does this make in the last 6 years? 5? I don't believe in the not having the ability to compete, they have had a lot of good kids in that time.

 

2002-03: Scott Chalk

2003-04/2004-05: Deron Norman

2005-06: Brad Mefford

2006-07: Juan Byars

2007-08/2008-09: Michael Allen

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.