Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Allergies!

Featured Replies

WOW! Who is feeling them? I am miserable. I have never been this bad before. I think I have every symptom and they get worse every day. Watery Eyes. Runny nose that never stops. cough/sore throat/itchy. Headache. You name it I have it. I have started Claritin today but not sure if its working yet.

This has been the worst spring I can remember in some time for my allergies. I ended up knocking off work yesterday and just sleeping all day (since Benadryl is the only thing that seems to work for me). It's amazing I've been able to get any work done this week.

Allergies have really worked on me as well this year. As a matter of fact, I had a trip to the doctor yesterday over them ( sore throat, swollen eyes,etc.). My doctor said that my throat was very, very red and inflamed, she ran a strep throat test just to make sure and it was negative. Sinus (allergies) drainage had more than likely caused the problem. I am now on a round of antibiotics and allergy medication. Hopefully will be feeling better within a few days and these antibiotics kick in.

 

Ahhhhhh, just breathe in the fresh air of spring.......:irked::lol:

I've heard that it's been real bad for everyone this spring. My family has complained a lot. Spring allergies have never affected me, and for the most part, this is no different. My eyes itch a little bit, but not too much. The fall is when I get hit, and I'm hoping this "worse than normal" stuff is limited to this spring....

Never seen my son this bad. They say it's because the cold weather last longer and now Spring is hitting hard all at once rather than spread out a little more even over a longer period. The next few days of apparently continuous rain :irked: should help knock down alot of the pollen.

You all have swine flu.

 

:lol:

 

That's what I was going to say! You beat me to it, haha.

I once got tested for about 32 things. I think I was allergic to 30 of them lol. Mine haven't been to bad for some reason (knock on wood). A couple of days I golfed they were a little and my eyes have itched a little. The nose spray seems to work well for me.

How did people cope all those years before Allegra, Claritin and Zyrtec were invented? I would have died.

I've heard that it's been real bad for everyone this spring. My family has complained a lot. Spring allergies have never affected me, and for the most part, this is no different. My eyes itch a little bit, but not too much. The fall is when I get hit, and I'm hoping this "worse than normal" stuff is limited to this spring....

 

I usually always get it much worse in the fall, when the ragweed hits. This spring has been a killer for me — about two weeks solid of trouble for me. It's usually never this bad in the spring.

 

I once got tested for about 32 things. I think I was allergic to 30 of them lol. Mine haven't been to bad for some reason (knock on wood). A couple of days I golfed they were a little and my eyes have itched a little. The nose spray seems to work well for me.

 

See, people have suggested to me trying the nose sprays, but what good does it do to spray that stuff in there only to have it run right back out again before it has a chance to do anything? :confused:

September is generally the worst month of the year for me.

 

I will say, however, that after being parked in the driveway all last weekend without being moved, my blue car was an ugly shade of yellow on Monday morning.

I usually always get it much worse in the fall, when the ragweed hits. This spring has been a killer for me — about two weeks solid of trouble for me. It's usually never this bad in the spring.

 

Ragweed. The bane of my existence. The entire month of September I feel like dying.

Ragweed. The bane of my existence. The entire month of September I feel like dying.

 

My birthday is in mid-August, and ragweed hits usually right around that time. And people wonder why I sometimes have a dour outlook on life. :D

Ragweed seems to get me the worst too. You just sniff after you take the nose spray and pinch your nose. I've never had trouble with it coming back out. Flonase worked best but I think it's generic now. Nasonex is supposed to be good too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.