Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Allergies!

Featured Replies

Ragweed seems to get me the worst too. You just sniff after you take the nose spray and pinch your nose. I've never had trouble with it coming back out. Flonase worked best but I think it's generic now. Nasonex is supposed to be good too.

 

I must just have way more extreme allergies than you guys, because the scenario you describe is impossible when I'm flared up. It's coming right back out, immediately, whether through the runny faucet or a sneezing fit of about 10 or so in a row.

I am having this much trouble now and grass pollen is usually the worst for me and it hasn't kicked in full yet. :eek:. Gee, look what we all have to look foward to.

How did people cope all those years before Allegra, Claritin and Zyrtec were invented? I would have died.

 

Benadryl :D

Ragweed seems to get me the worst too. You just sniff after you take the nose spray and pinch your nose. I've never had trouble with it coming back out. Flonase worked best but I think it's generic now. Nasonex is supposed to be good too.

 

 

If it's generic then you should be happy it will cost you less. Fluticasone is an excellent drug AND the active ingredient in Flonase. It couldn't be marketed as a generic for a drug if it didn't meet the same kind of stringent FDA guidelines as the name brand drug.

 

I never take name brand if I can avoid it.

I must just have way more extreme allergies than you guys, because the scenario you describe is impossible when I'm flared up. It's coming right back out, immediately, whether through the runny faucet or a sneezing fit of about 10 or so in a row.

 

Do you take anything for it?

I must just have way more extreme allergies than you guys, because the scenario you describe is impossible when I'm flared up. It's coming right back out, immediately, whether through the runny faucet or a sneezing fit of about 10 or so in a row.

 

For me it is proactive. If you start taking it before the symptoms start then they usually don't start. You should check it out.

As for the flonase being generic I know it costs less. I'm a drug rep lol. Not for those drugs or those companies but they are good drugs.

For me it is proactive. If you start taking it before the symptoms start then they usually don't start. You should check it out.

As for the flonase being generic I know it costs less. I'm a drug rep lol. Not for those drugs or those companies but they are good drugs.

 

I work in a pharmacy and am doing my pre-pharm work before I take my PCAT so I am on the other side of it. :lol:

I work in a pharmacy and am doing my pre-pharm work before I take my PCAT so I am on the other side of it. :lol:

 

Good luck that is quite the accomplishment!:thumb:

Do you take anything for it?

 

Benadryl :D

 

It's the only thing I've found that works. I've tried everything else, save from getting shots, which is out of the question.

Myself, my wife, our daughter, and son all suffer from allergies.

It's the only thing I've found that works. I've tried everything else, save from getting shots, which is out of the question.

 

 

Makes sense, since Benadryl is a class 1 antihistamine and is the most potent one out there. Problem is the drowsiness that it causes in most people.

Makes sense, since Benadryl is a class 1 antihistamine and is the most potent one out there. Problem is the drowsiness that it causes in most people.

 

Yeah, it does me as well. I've built up such a tolerance for it over time, what ends up happening is I have to take a horse-strength dose of it for it to do any good. But sleeping is much preferable to being freakin' miserable. Taking three and sometimes four of them at a time is often necessary to dry me up when the extreme days hit.

I am on Allegra-D and Nasonex everyday. I wake up every morning with puffy eyes and all stuffed up, it is terrible.

 

I am pretty sure Ill be needing some Patanol or some other kind of prescription eye drops here soon because when my eyes start to really itch, it gets BAD.

I am on Allegra-D

 

That is what I take minus the D.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.