Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Okay Bengals, you need to stop this!

Featured Replies

Why would you want to see Levi go? If he's not good enough to start, doesn't he at least provide depth?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I think it was a very good draft, something not often said about the Bengals. It certainly gives us all more hope, but nobody thinks it will be some miracle change in our record next year. Drafting well is the most important part of building a team.

 

 

The bolded was more my point. Showing a level of competency is not something often seen with this program. As such it has given me hope for this team, something I am not so comfortable with.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

Thanks for the interesting commentary.

 

Um, they drafted a punter. I don't care if it's Ray Guy, that's a stupid freakin' move.

 

http://www.giftsandfreeadvice.com/free_advice/punters-drafted-in-the-nfl-1970-2008-by-year-team-round-college/

 

 

Here's a link to other teams that drafted punters. The team that won the rings last year drafted one just a couple years ago. Are they "freakin stupid"?

With a pretty good draft and fairly competent moves this offseason (outside of franchising the kicker), the Bengals are giving me hope for this upcoming season.

 

That said they need to stop it! I am much more comfortable knowing they are going to suck than hope they do well and be crushed. Dagnabbit!

 

Don't worry, give them time and they'll break your heart. :D

Very expensive depth

 

Plus he would just wine and cry about being a backup.

Um, they drafted a punter. I don't care if it's Ray Guy, that's a stupid freakin' move.

 

Thanks for the interesting commentary.

 

 

 

http://www.giftsandfreeadvice.com/free_advice/punters-drafted-in-the-nfl-1970-2008-by-year-team-round-college/

 

 

Here's a link to other teams that drafted punters. The team that won the rings last year drafted one just a couple years ago. Are they "freakin stupid"?

He's right Jim. Our Steelers drafted a freakin' punter 2 yrs. ago. He was terrific, until he had surgery on his plant leg and missed the entire season and we had the 2 worst excuses for punters in the league. Imagine what a healthy Sepulveda would have done to make the defense in even better field position. Frankly, having him healthy is one of the major upgrades for the Steelers this season. So, Jim, I like hacking on the Bengals as much as anyone, but if you're saying that a punter for them considering their other glaring holes was a stupid pick, I won't argue. However, if you're hacking on drafting punters as a general rule, well, our guys are recently guilty.

  • Author
Don't worry, give them time and they'll break your heart. :D

 

Now see, that is the kind of encouragement I needed to hear. :banana:

The Bengals are this draft's boom-or-bust team. If they hit on OT Andre Smith and MLB Rey Maualuga and get anything from DE Michael Johnson and flex-TE Chase Coffman, they could be in the thick of things in the tough AFC North. These are players who can get on the field right away and establish themselves for the long haul. Each of these guys has blemishes, though, and if any warts arise, the Bengals will continue to be mocked drafters.

 

I agree with this assessment and grade.

He's right Jim. Our Steelers drafted a freakin' punter 2 yrs. ago. He was terrific, until he had surgery on his plant leg and missed the entire season and we had the 2 worst excuses for punters in the league. Imagine what a healthy Sepulveda would have done to make the defense in even better field position. Frankly, having him healthy is one of the major upgrades for the Steelers this season. So, Jim, I like hacking on the Bengals as much as anyone, but if you're saying that a punter for them considering their other glaring holes was a stupid pick, I won't argue. However, if you're hacking on drafting punters as a general rule, well, our guys are recently guilty.

 

So you're saying the Steelers went the free agent route and they got two terrible punters, but the punter they drafted just two years ago is better and he will punt this year? Interesting. I can't believe teams would draft punters?

The Bengals are this draft's boom-or-bust team. If they hit on OT Andre Smith and MLB Rey Maualuga and get anything from DE Michael Johnson and flex-TE Chase Coffman, they could be in the thick of things in the tough AFC North. These are players who can get on the field right away and establish themselves for the long haul. Each of these guys has blemishes, though, and if any warts arise, the Bengals will continue to be mocked drafters.

 

I agree with this assessment and grade.

 

I can't get that link to work HB...

I only have 2 concerns about the Bengals this year:

 

1. Bob Bratkowski is still calling plays on offense.

 

2. Leon Hall may be suspended for the 1st 4 games.

 

1.) I agree with you being concerned about the Brat still calling plays. I am still not happy with the Bengals decision to keep him. I feel like the Bengals are always a year behind on moves, and we will wait to get rid of him after this season. When with a new offensive coordinator the offense could be even better this year and definitely not as predictable.

 

2.) Why would Hall be suspended? Its his first offense right? Its only on the second offense for substance abuse that he would get suspended for 4 games I believe.

Hey if you don't want to get too optimistic just remember that it is the Bengals. A franchise that could have a team led by Tom Brady, Jim Brown, Jerry Rice, Lawrence Taylor and Ronnie Lott and still only win 5 games. It's the culture. Won't change until front office, coaches, ownership change. It won't. The Bengals have had some talent, especially on offense lately, but nothing to show for it.

He's right Jim. Our Steelers drafted a freakin' punter 2 yrs. ago. He was terrific, until he had surgery on his plant leg and missed the entire season and we had the 2 worst excuses for punters in the league. Imagine what a healthy Sepulveda would have done to make the defense in even better field position. Frankly, having him healthy is one of the major upgrades for the Steelers this season. So, Jim, I like hacking on the Bengals as much as anyone, but if you're saying that a punter for them considering their other glaring holes was a stupid pick, I won't argue. However, if you're hacking on drafting punters as a general rule, well, our guys are recently guilty.

 

Forgot about that. Doh! :ohbrother:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.