April 23, 200917 yr It's on KSR on a post that's labelled as about an hour ago. Sounds like a talented player. What does this mean in terms of scholarships?
April 23, 200917 yr Author It's on KSR on a post that's labelled as about an hour ago. Sounds like a talented player. What does this mean in terms of scholarships? Now, it's on Bluegrass Preps at 11:44 p.m.
April 23, 200917 yr Well thats good I guess, considering no one had mentioned him before today. I believe he redshirted the year after high school, that was the way I read it anyway.
April 23, 200917 yr Will he be sitting out a year? Nope, JUCO guy. He should be eligible this season. He originally committed to Pitt out of high school (to our assistant coach.) He then signed with Memphis & was just granted his release today.
April 23, 200917 yr Just shows how slick and how quick Cal can work. Henry doesn't pan out then all of a sudden plan B has committed within a days time. Dodson wasn't on anyones radar untill today, but should be a solid player to add some depth to this team.
April 23, 200917 yr Old Link but informative from a Pitt source regarding Dodson: I think he will end up at Memphis. The kid badly wanted to return to Pitt, but I think he will find a comfort level with Antigua and Will there. He is an absolute stud. Probably close to 6′8 now with long arms. Moves fairly well laterally and has average speed. Vertical is a little bit above average as well. But the kid can flat out score. He has range out to about 28 feet(not kidding). Can put it on the floor pretty well and has a nice knack for scoring around the hoop. Solid in the midrange and average passer. His strongest point is his shot. Has one of the highest arcing shots you’ll ever see. But his touch is incredible. He could gain some weight, although I have heard he is doing that now. He could play the 3 or 4, but in Memphis’ system he might be a 4 actually that causes severe mismatches. Definetly a combo forward. It is ashame for Pitt and Darnell that the kid simply can’t play college basketball where he wants to because of once again, the great work of the NCAA. But at any rate, he is a great player, and if I had to guess, he will end up at Memphis.
April 23, 200917 yr Cal certainly knows what hes doing. Plan B to Xavier Henry's not going to be bad at all.
April 23, 200917 yr UK is set unless they don't get a point guard. John Wall is the MUST get. Bledsoe has academic issues and if Duke gets Wall then UK goes scambling to get a filler. I do feel upbeat about the 2010 class though!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.