Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nike Hoops Summit Observation

Featured Replies

What's amazing? I watched the game, too, and he seemed very disinterested.:ohbrother:

 

 

I'd go with something like this: I to watched the game last night and Cousins didn't have a very good game. I know he's a great player, but last night was an off night for sure. The game was more geared toward the guards it seemed to me. I'll choose to say he looked very tired, but if disinterested makes ya feel better, fire away.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to watch the second half on FSN when I got home for the Derby Classic in Louisville.

 

I was most impressed with Xavier Henry. I hope we can get him. He probably will be a top 5 pick in the NBA draft after his freshman year.

 

If Henry was 1 on my list then Wall was 1A!

 

Wall was quick... Nobody could guard him 1 on 1 from the World team.

He got to the basket and his finishes were very crafty!

 

I would love to see both of them in a UK uniform next season.

 

I will probably take some flack for saying this, but if UK gets both Henry & Wall next year we will be in the final 4 with or without Patterson & Meeks!

He seemed disinterested to me.

 

I felt the same way. Just watching him the talent is obviously there. But he needs to play much harder. He wasn't nearly as bad as Scotty Hopson and Greg Monroe in high school though. There is no doubt in my mind he has more ability right now than Patterson.

I got to watch the second half on FSN when I got home for the Derby Classic in Louisville.

 

I was most impressed with Xavier Henry. I hope we can get him. He probably will be a top 5 pick in the NBA draft after his freshman year.

 

If Henry was 1 on my list then Wall was 1A!

 

Wall was quick... Nobody could guard him 1 on 1 from the World team.

He got to the basket and his finishes were very crafty!

 

I would love to see both of them in a UK uniform next season.

 

I will probably take some flack for saying this, but if UK gets both Henry & Wall next year we will be in the final 4 with or without Patterson & Meeks!

I dont think a team with 5 Starting freshman and a few sophmores has ever went to the final four! It takes experience to get that far!
I dont think a team with 5 Starting freshman and a few sophmores has ever went to the final four! It takes experience to get that far!

 

Michigan, Syracuse, Florida. Any of those?

Michigan, Syracuse, Florida. Any of those?

 

All of those teams had Freshmen starting but out of their top 8, 6 wasnt freshman! They had junior and senior leadership on the floor!

All of those teams had Freshmen starting but out of their top 8, 6 wasnt freshman! They had junior and senior leadership on the floor!

Michigan started all 5 freshman '92.

 

Still, it is extremely rare.

!992 Fab Five- Jalen Rose Jimmy KIng Chris Webber Juwan Howard and Ray Jackson were all freshman and made it to champonship game.

!992 Fab Five- Jalen Rose Jimmy KIng Chris Webber Juwan Howard and Ray Jackson were all freshman and made it to champonship game.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Michigan started all 5 freshman '92.

 

Still, it is extremely rare.

 

I was trying to say it doesn't happen very often then someone pulled out the record books on me.

I was trying to say it doesn't happen very often then someone pulled out the record books on me.

 

How old were the UNC team with Felton, McCants, & May? I think they were young.

 

Florida with Noah, Horford, & Brewer?

 

Michigan fab 5 is the obvious one.

 

Syracuse with Carmelo Anthony, Edelin, McNamara all Freshman & Warrick (Soph).

 

It isn't as rare as many think.

 

Also I said get to the final 4 not the national championship.

How old were the UNC team with Felton, McCants, & May? I think they were young.

 

Florida with Noah, Horford, & Brewer?

 

Michigan fab 5 is the obvious one.

 

Syracuse with Carmelo Anthony, Edelin, McNamara all Freshman & Warrick (Soph).

 

It isn't as rare as many think.

 

Also I said get to the final 4 not the national championship.

 

 

I think that is very true, particularly now more than ever.

 

But if we want an old school model, the 1978 Duke squad was as green as any in their day. The starters were 2 Freshmen, 2 Sophomores and 1 Junior. The only subs were freshmen and underclassmen as well.

 

As I see it, the advantage to youth can be that they are so young that there's a "devil may care" attitude that isn't hung up on "this is my last chance to win the title" many upperclassmen may carry. :thumb:

^ Was that the first year freshmen were eligible?

^ Was that the first year freshmen were eligible?

 

No, 1973 was the first year freshmen were eligible I think. I know 1975 UK relied heavily on Rick Robey, Mike Phillips and Jack Givens who were freshmen.

I think Jimmy Dan, Kevin Grevey and Bob Guyette were the last freshman team at UK. I remember watching them at the civic center in Frankfort they were pretty good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.