April 9, 200917 yr Forgive me if I don't completely trust a news article that says he's trimmed his list to 6, then gives 7 schools. Also, didn't Roy Williams call him after the championship game? That alone tells me all that I need to know. What happens remains to be seen. I'm not claiming to have any inside knowledge or sources. I'm just saying that, right now, as a top guard, it'd be hard not to listen when North Carolina & Roy Williams calls. Add that to the fact that Wall has reportedly expressed interest in staying close to home, and I think you've got a great match. From John Wall's mouth. "North Carolina is not recruiting me now." What is so hard to understand about that?
April 9, 200917 yr :lol::lol: I didn't even notice, but I just went by what the article said........ Nice counting Mr. Banker. :lol:
April 9, 200917 yr I think Wall will be at Kentucky. No inside information or rumors or anything else - that is just my gut feeling. I think Calipari will sale him on the idea of "we have no point guard and it will be your team from the start..." I also think he'll say "look at where Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans are now...come play in my offense and you'll be in the NBA soon, too..."Will Pastner run the DDM at Memphis?
April 9, 200917 yr I would love it and I would have an even higher respect for Roy's ability... That would be an amazing sign for Carolina to top off an already impressive class. Roy has a great ability to recruit and lure kids into his system. Forgive me if I don't completely trust a news article that says he's trimmed his list to 6, then gives 7 schools. Also, didn't Roy Williams call him after the championship game? That alone tells me all that I need to know. What happens remains to be seen. I'm not claiming to have any inside knowledge or sources. I'm just saying that, right now, as a top guard, it'd be hard not to listen when North Carolina & Roy Williams calls. Add that to the fact that Wall has reportedly expressed interest in staying close to home, and I think you've got a great match. I did read that Roy gave him a call during the Final Four. If I were a player and a coach like Roy Williams called me at any time, especially during the Final Four, that would impress me very, very much. And didn't NC already sign the #3 PG in 2009 class, in Dexter Strickland? Yes. Strickland can and will help Carolina out, but Wall would just be amazing. yes they did, and I don't think Wall will be a Heel, but it would be nice. I hope he does.
April 9, 200917 yr That would be an amazing sign for Carolina to top off an already impressive class. Roy has a great ability to recruit and lure kids into his system. I did read that Roy gave him a call during the Final Four. If I were a player and a coach like Roy Williams called me at any time, especially during the Final Four, that would impress me very, very much. Yes. Strickland can and will help Carolina out, but Wall would just be amazing. I hope he does. Did you also read that Roy has NOT called him since?
April 9, 200917 yr Did you also read that Roy has NOT called him since? Actually didn't see that. The point is he called him during the most important time of his season, that would impress me very much. More than anything actually.
April 9, 200917 yr I think Wall will be at Kentucky. No inside information or rumors or anything else - that is just my gut feeling. I think Calipari will sale him on the idea of "we have no point guard and it will be your team from the start..." I also think he'll say "look at where Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans are now...come play in my offense and you'll be in the NBA soon, too..." The stock of Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans should definitely intrigue Wall. I think that is what we have going for us the most. Of course, Pastner probably had a hand in recruiting those two, but Calipari was the man in charge!
April 9, 200917 yr Actually didn't see that. The point is he called him during the most important time of his season, that would impress me very much. More than anything actually. He may or may not be telling truth, but here is a direct quote: "North Carolina is not recruiting me now." - John Wall
April 9, 200917 yr Will Pastner run the DDM at Memphis? I'll be surprised if Pastner can run anything. He better hire a bonafied head assistant or he is going to be in over his head - JMO.
April 9, 200917 yr He may or may not be telling truth, but here is a direct quote: "North Carolina is not recruiting me now." - John Wall Well I don't really see him heading to Carolina, but I would love for him to. That would be a great fit for him, we all have seen how Roy is with his point guards.
April 9, 200917 yr Well I don't really see him heading to Carolina, but I would love for him to. That would be a great fit for him, we all have seen how Roy is with his point guards. I agree... :thumb: Wall is a One and done, no matter where he lands.
April 9, 200917 yr I'll be surprised if Pastner can run anything. He better hire a bonafied head assistant or he is going to be in over his head - JMO.But, do you think he plans on implementing the DDM?
April 9, 200917 yr Yes...Thank you. I assumed as much. On another note, I heard from a friend that on 1st and 10 this morning Pat Forde guaranteed Wall would be at UK. Can anyone confirm this?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.