Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari Goes Recruting

Featured Replies

Should he be courting Eric Bledsoe more?

 

That's the best way to make sure you get neither in the end...

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be that way when it is all said and done anyway. Guess time will tell.

UK needs a PG, I can't pay that much money to watch so many turnovers again.

Scott Co.

 

Thanks!:thumb: How has he done there? He'll be a Sr next year won't he?

Right now, there are no available scholarships if I am not mistaken. Noone in the 2009 class (Dennis, Bledsoe, Wall, Henry) will be able to committ to UK until a scholarship opens up. That is the reason for Cousins waiting, he waited until a scholarship (Porter's) opened up and then he committed. This is all speculation though. But, I did see on the Lexington News an interview with Nolan Dennis and he was saying how he would love to come with Calipari to UK, but the real reason he would be persuaded is the fans. He said that playing for coach Cal would be a huge reason, but the fans of UK would be the other huge reason. I heard it come from his mouth, so I think he is coming to UK assuming we get a scholarship for him. There was also an interview with Orton that said he is considering Kansas actually, but still about 90 percent towards UK is what I got out of it.

Cal's not in Portland and wasn't there yesterday. He will be there later today or tomorrow.

Apparently, Coach Calipari flew to Portland, where Wall, Henry, and Cousins are preparing for the Nike Hoops Summit. Per Jerry Meyer of Rivals.com

 

Jerry Meyer is wrong.

Right now, there are no available scholarships if I am not mistaken. Noone in the 2009 class (Dennis, Bledsoe, Wall, Henry) will be able to committ to UK until a scholarship opens up. That is the reason for Cousins waiting, he waited until a scholarship (Porter's) opened up and then he committed. This is all speculation though. But, I did see on the Lexington News an interview with Nolan Dennis and he was saying how he would love to come with Calipari to UK, but the real reason he would be persuaded is the fans. He said that playing for coach Cal would be a huge reason, but the fans of UK would be the other huge reason. I heard it come from his mouth, so I think he is coming to UK assuming we get a scholarship for him. There was also an interview with Orton that said he is considering Kansas actually, but still about 90 percent towards UK is what I got out of it.

 

The scholarship situation has a way of working things out. I'd be shocked if less than 2 more players transfer. Right now we have:

 

Meeks

Stevenson

Harris

Patterson

Galloway

Harrelson

Pilgrim

Miller

Stewart

Liggins

Williams

Hood

Orton

Cousins

 

So right now we actually have 14 on scholarship. I look for Stewart, Williams, and Harrelson to leave opening up 2 more schollies for Dennis and Wall/Bledsoe hopefully. Thats not factoring in Meeks and Patterson possibly leaving though.

^ Orton may not be here either

 

Your right. There are so many uncertainties right now with the roster.

The scholarship situation has a way of working things out. I'd be shocked if less than 2 more players transfer. Right now we have:

 

Meeks

Stevenson

Harris

Patterson

Galloway

Harrelson

Pilgrim

Miller

Stewart

Liggins

Williams

Hood

Orton

Cousins

 

So right now we actually have 14 on scholarship. I look for Stewart, Williams, and Harrelson to leave opening up 2 more schollies for Dennis and Wall/Bledsoe hopefully. Thats not factoring in Meeks and Patterson possibly leaving though.

 

All this is very true. I look for Williams and Harrelson to leave, probably Stewat, and Liggins will probably leave because of grades. I believe that you are correct in saying Dennis, and hopefully Wall, and if all 4 of them leave maybe Bledsoe but for him UK is not the frontrunner.

If we get Wall that will be the deal breaker-anything else will just be a bonus!:ylsuper:

^Signs are pointing in UK's favor.

 

I sure hope you are right.

Cal's not in Portland and wasn't there yesterday. He will be there later today or tomorrow.

 

Well, at least he will be there.....if not yesterday, then today or tomorrow.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.