Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari Goes Recruting

Featured Replies

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be doing mostly work on the 2010 class over the next 4 days. It's a much greater priority with the coaches not allowed at AAU events in April now...

He'll be doing mostly work on the 2010 class over the next 4 days. It's a much greater priority with the coaches not allowed at AAU events in April now...

 

Who is he targeting this week?

Who is he targeting this week?

I have a few guesses, but don't know any names for sure yet...

I'd say he'll be visiting Knight, Barnes, Ferg, & Josh Jackson. JMO.

Joe Jackson? I'd also guess Roscoe Smith...

Joe Jackson? I'd also guess Roscoe Smith...

 

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not sure where I got Josh....

If I had to guess, with no particular knowledge of the situation I would say Brandon Knight, Harrison Barnes, and Dominique Ferguson will be getting visits. But hey, I'm thinking big.

Here's some recruiting information that I put on my blog today for those that are interested in dates, etc:

 

NCAA recruiting calendar:

 

8/1 - 9/8 Quiet Period

9/9 - 10/5 Contact Period Fall Contact Period

10/6 - 3/31 (with noted exceptions) Evaluation Period

11/10 - 11/13 Dead Period

12/24 - 12/26 Dead Period

3/16 - 3/22 Contact Period March Contact Period

4/1 - 7/5 (with noted exceptions) Quiet Period

4/2 - 4/9 (at 12pm) Dead Period

4/9 (noon) - 4/13 Contact Period April Contact Period

4/13 - 4/16 Dead Period

4/16 - 4/22 Contact Period April Contact Period

4/21 - 4/30 Dead Period (There's an exception built-in to this dead period for evaluations tied to the NBA pre-draft camp -- dates TBD)

7/6 - 7/15 Evaluation Period Summer Evaluation Period

7/16 - 7/21 Dead Period (Teams are allowed contact during this period with players who have enrolled in summer classes or who have signed a National Letter of Intent)

7/22 - 7/31 Evaluation Period Summer Evaluation Period

 

2009 NCAA Signing Dates:

 

Early Period: November 12, 2008 - November 19, 2008

 

Regular Period: April 15, 2009 - May 20, 2009

 

Some Definitions:

 

Contact period - permissible for authorized athletic department staff members to make in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations.

 

Dead period - not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on- or off-campus or permit official or unofficial visits.

 

Evaluation period - permissible for authorized athletics department staff to be involved in off-campus activities to assess academic qualifications and playing abilities. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts with a prospect are permitted.

 

Quiet period - permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the member institution's campus.

I believe with Meeks, Stevenson, Harris, Patterson (more than likely) and 1 or 2 more players leaving (Cousins, possibly Wall, you just never know), we could have 5 or 6 scholarships to work with. So he can really get a lot of new guys in. I would like to see guys like Ricardo Johnson, Ge'lawn Guyn, Elijah Pittman, Chad Jackson, etc develop and see 1 or 2 of them come to UK.

I believe with Meeks, Stevenson, Harris, Patterson (more than likely) and 1 or 2 more players leaving (Cousins, possibly Wall, you just never know), we could have 5 or 6 scholarships to work with. So he can really get a lot of new guys in. I would like to see guys like Ricardo Johnson, Ge'lawn Guyn, Elijah Pittman, Chad Jackson, etc develop and see 1 or 2 of them come to UK.

 

 

You think that all of those guys will be leaving this year?

You think that all of those guys will be leaving this year?

We are talking 2010 recruiting. Keep up... :lol:

We are talking 2010 recruiting. Keep up... :lol:

 

 

 

Heck, I'm still waiting on the 2009 roster to take shape. Typical young guys, always in a hurry to get or do something. :p

We are talking 2010 recruiting. Keep up... :lol:

 

Thanks. I believe all 4 of those guys that I named would fit into Calipari's system. All 4 are very athletic and handle the ball. Jackson is the only 1 who doesn't shoot the ball that well, but hes a big guard and Calipari likes big guards.

Heck, I'm still waiting on the 2009 roster to take shape. Typical young guys, always in a hurry to get or do something. :p

Calipari is out working on the 2010 class over the next 4 days, so we are talking about it. Blame it on him... :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.