Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis hires Pastner

Featured Replies

I hope Memphis didn't take a short-term view in this hire. IF they hired him simply to help keep current recruits that's not very smart.

 

He's only 31 years old. Even with experience as an assistant to some big names, this is an unbelievable gamble.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the recruits will stay simply because of him.

I learned not to trust Marc Maggard during the Calipari saga. :lol:

 

He said Billy G was out, then Billy G was in, then he was out again, then Donovan was in, then Donovan was in for sure, then Donovan had turned UK down, then he said that he heard Donovan really still wanted it, then Donovan was out for sure, then Cal was in then it was Travis Ford...

 

You get the picture.

 

:thumb:

What happens when no one wants the gig...promote the assistant.

He will be OK...I think.

Has mucho connections to Texas AAU scene.

May hire Xavier Henry's daddy to be an assistant.

 

I wish him luck, I was looking forward to him on the UK sidelines.

Nolan Dennis will be a WILDCAT if Calipari wants him to be!

Althought I would have loved to have Pastner on the UK bench, I'm happy for the young man.

Nolan Dennis will be a WILDCAT if Calipari wants him to be!

 

Ok.....:confused:

Nolan Dennis will be a WILDCAT if Calipari wants him to be!

 

Source?

Good move for Coach Pastner and Memphis. It was clear that it would be difficult to pull an established coach from a BCS school plus lure someone to follow Coach Cal's act. That left Memphis with options to hire either an NBA (or ex) coach looking to get back into the college ranks or an up and comer. What better up and comer than the guy that is already there and has an in to the current great recruiting class. Coach Pastner is a great guy and will do a very good job at Memphis. It is possible he can lose some of the 2009 class, but I believe he will establish himself quickly. Biggest short term challenge will be getting the right assistants. I wondered why he was still back in Memphis. Maybe Coach Cal will give him a good deal on his house there.:banana:

  • Author

From what I am hearing, Josh is going to hire Xavier's father as Director of Basketball Operations.

So, now who is Cal's assistants going to be next season at UK?

From what I am hearing, Josh is going to hire Xavier's father as Director of Basketball Operations.

 

Smart move - yes.

 

Pathetic - yes.

Smart move - yes.

 

Pathetic - yes.

 

Now waitaminute. Why is this any different from Calipari doing the same thing with Milt Wagner? :confused:

Now waitaminute. Why is this any different from Calipari doing the same thing with Milt Wagner? :confused:

 

He also hired Tyreke Evan's close high school friend last year. He was a strength coach.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.