Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis hires Pastner

Featured Replies

This are looking that way...

 

This is an addition to a few posts I had on the other thread about Memphis.

 

 

 

UPDATE:

Now Maggard thinks it will happen...

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a smart hire but I hate to see him go. Good hire for the longterm future of Memphis. IMO.

  • Author
I think this is a smart hire but I hate to see him go. Good hire for the longterm future of Memphis. IMO.

 

And short term. This will help them possibly keep some of their recruits (obviously not all) and I think all assumptions are that Josh will run the DDM that Cal ran.

So now will some of the recruits stay committed to Memphis? Cousins etc...

He's hired according to Megan Calipari. I know...weird.

  • Author
So now will some of the recruits stay committed to Memphis? Cousins etc...

 

I would say no to Cousins staying. He is Cal through and through.

 

Henry does like Pastner, but I don't know if he likes him enough to stay. I doubt it.

 

Dennis will probably stay as will most of the current players.

So now will some of the recruits stay committed to Memphis? Cousins etc...

 

I think they are a player in the recruitments, but I don't think it'll hurt too much. JMO.

I learned not to trust Marc Maggard during the Calipari saga. :lol:

 

He said Billy G was out, then Billy G was in, then he was out again, then Donovan was in, then Donovan was in for sure, then Donovan had turned UK down, then he said that he heard Donovan really still wanted it, then Donovan was out for sure, then Cal was in then it was Travis Ford...

 

You get the picture.

I learned not to trust Marc Maggard during the Calipari saga. :lol:

 

He said Billy G was out, then Billy G was in, then he was out again, then Donovan was in, then Donovan was in for sure, then Donovan had turned UK down, then he said that he heard Donovan really still wanted it, then Donovan was out for sure, then Cal was in then it was Travis Ford...

 

You get the picture.

 

I think him and Pastner are good friends though....I would tend to think he knows what's going on in this situation.

They may keep some of their recruits but I think this is a terrible hire.

Pastner woke up this morning figuring he was going to be the head man at Arizona or Memphis, it landed on Memphis. Not a bad gig for your first job.

 

If he is the recruiter that most have proclaimed (especially this last week) then the final days of the the 08-09 recruiting class could be very interesting. Odds are Memphis is banking on him being able to keep a lot kids at Memphis.

I think him and Pastner are good friends though....I would tend to think he knows what's going on in this situation.

 

Maybe, I just wanted to wait until I heard it elsewhere before I believed it :lol:.

I'm not sure a rookie head coach can step in at a program on the level of Memphis and be good. There is a lot to running a DI basketball program.

I hope Memphis didn't take a short-term view in this hire. IF they hired him simply to help keep current recruits that's not very smart.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.