Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sean Miller To Arizona?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard that Arizona won't go higher than 2.5 for a coach.

 

Nice avatar SSF. I remember being at Two Keys when the Cats lost to Zona in 1997 and a couple of us pulling a "Gary Miller" out the front window. Mike Bibby and Christian Laettner are in the same class as far as Im concerned.

 

On Sean Miller, I dont think he takes it although he has accomplished as much as I think he can at XU and he may be looking for warmer weather and more financial security for the long run. hmmmm

I think in the Long Run, the Zona job will be the better one for Miller.

I think it will be a hard job to turn down....

I think in the Long Run, the Zona job will be the better one for Miller.

I think it will be a hard job to turn down....

 

In order to take it he would have to be looking long-term. If its simply based on next year there's no chance he takes it. He's got a top 10 team returning.

I think he's gotta take it. Poor X they just can't keep a guy, its turning into one of the premier stepping stone jobs.

In order to take it he would have to be looking long-term. If its simply based on next year there's no chance he takes it. He's got a top 10 team returning.

 

I didn't think he would consider anything other than the Pitt job? :confused:

Be hard yo turn that down!

I didn't think he would consider anything other than the Pitt job? :confused:
There are jobs he has to consider. Given that Arizona has been one of the nation's top 10-20 programs over the last 20 years, I would think it's one of them.
I didn't think he would consider anything other than the Pitt job? :confused:

 

Who said that? I've never heard him say anything about only being interested in Pitt.

Who said that? I've never heard him say anything about only being interested in Pitt.

 

You said that that was the only job he would leave X for. Well that and one unnamed job, which everyone would assume is UConn....

OK, realistically, which job is a stepping stone job and which one is a destination job?

 

IF you are really happy with X and want to be the guy there, that is fine.

 

IF you want to take a step forward and see what you can do with a big time program with a big time rep, take the Zona job.

 

I would think Zona is (could be?) one of the top 20 or 25 jobs in the country, especially for a coach who has a bright future and has proven it with a smaller school.

 

Zona would be a hard job if Lute had left when they were scary good, but it has slipped a little, so the "folowing a legend" stigma could be a little weaker than normal. JMO.

 

I think this would be a very good move by the coach.

There are jobs he has to consider. Given that Arizona has been one of the nation's top 10-20 programs over the last 20 years, I would think it's one of them.

 

I agree. Clyde has claimed that Pitt, and one other unnamed job, I would assume UConn, are the only ones he'd ever leave X for though.

You said that that was the only job he would leave X for. Well that and one unnamed job, which everyone would assume is UConn....

 

I've never say anything about Pitt being an "only job he'd leave for" and I've never limited his choices to two schools. I'm guessing Pitt would be of interest though IF it ever came open. From the folks I talk to , though, while that could be of interest its not the one they mention and UConn has NEVER come up in conversation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.