Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sean Miller To Arizona?

Featured Replies

My guess is that X makes some sort of enhancement to his contract and he stays. AZ just doesn't seem to be the type of school he'd leave for.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Mark Few?? I always have thought that he would be the perfect fit after Olsen left.

What about Mark Few?? I always have thought that he would be the perfect fit after Olsen left.

 

He's already it turned it down.

OK, realistically, which job is a stepping stone job and which one is a destination job?

 

IF you are really happy with X and want to be the guy there, that is fine.

 

IF you want to take a step forward and see what you can do with a big time program with a big time rep, take the Zona job.

 

I would think Zona is (could be?) one of the top 20 or 25 jobs in the country, especially for a coach who has a bright future and has proven it with a smaller school.

 

Zona would be a hard job if Lute had left when they were scary good, but it has slipped a little, so the "folowing a legend" stigma could be a little weaker than normal. JMO.

 

I think this would be a very good move by the coach.

 

 

Anymore you have to consider X a stepping stone. They have lost 3 very good coaches in the last 10 years. Prosser (RIP), Matta, and apparently now Miller. They always seem to recover somehow.

Arz has horrible facilities. Olsen really was Ariz not the other way around. Talent level in that area is pretty weak. It will be very difficult to do anything there. I like Miller, I hope he doesn't take it. The place is a hole to fall in and disapear. They need to find someone who already has recruiting in roads on the west coast.

I would hate to see Miller leave X but it's happened before to the Muskies, and it's bound to happen again. The one thing that X has been able to do is bring in quality coaches. If he does leave, the new coach will have a very nice cupboard.

Apparently X is ready to pony up some dollars to keep him. It turns into the Calipari situation... is it "Arizona" or will he stay at X.

Apparently X is ready to pony up some dollars to keep him. It turns into the Calipari situation... is it "Arizona" or will he stay at X.

 

It won't get too high. Xavier can't pay too much, and Arizona won't pay too much.

 

But I am hearing that it is likely he accepts the job.

He is in a "tough decision" stage.

  • Author

But I am hearing that it is likely he accepts the job.

 

I wouldn't go that far yet. 50/50 at this point...

This would be tough for Miller to leave Xavier with the program that they currently have. Who else will Zona' look at if he says no?

The AD said they would match what Arz offers..

The AD said they would match what Arz offers..

 

I don't see how they have the money to do that.

I don't see how they have the money to do that.

 

It would be a lot of money for them to match the offer.

This would be tough for Miller to leave Xavier with the program that they currently have. Who else will Zona' look at if he says no?

 

Seth Greenburg at V-Tech, which would be an awful choice. They could land someone with a bigger name than that.

I wouldn't go that far yet. 50/50 at this point...

 

Before it happened, I didn't think he would go.

 

But with what I have heard in the past hour or two, things are looking likely.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.