Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notes from the Wildcats’ first practice under John Calipari

Featured Replies

Was Liggins there?

 

The entire 2008-09 roster was there, including senior Jared Carter.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How will Mark Krebs fare under coach C.? Poor guy, this will be his third coach he will have to impress. Tough job for a walk on! I hope he proves himself again!

How will Mark Krebs fare under coach C.? Poor guy, this will be his third coach he will have to impress. Tough job for a walk on! I hope he proves himself again!

 

Krebs will not be a good fit in Calipari's offense. He may stick it out, but I doubt he would ever see any minutes.

Krebs will not be a good fit in Calipari's offense. He may stick it out, but I doubt he would ever see any minutes.

 

As expected with most walkons.

As expected with most walkons.

 

I wasn't knocking on Krebs at all. Just stating the obvious.

I do hope Dwight Perry gets the chance to stay.

It has always sounded like his sole purpose on being here is to learn to coach.

That, and he seems to be a great guy and a real team member.

How did Meeks and Patterson do in the first practice?

I do hope Dwight Perry gets the chance to stay.

It has always sounded like his sole purpose on being here is to learn to coach.

That, and he seems to be a great guy and a real team member.

 

 

If that is his sole purpose, I hope he gets a ticket out of town. We need players here!!

If that is his sole purpose, I hope he gets a ticket out of town. We need players here!!
Lovely attitude ...
If that is his sole purpose, I hope he gets a ticket out of town. We need players here!!

 

He's not taking up a scholarship or anything, jeez.

If that is his sole purpose, I hope he gets a ticket out of town. We need players here!!

 

You do realize he's a walk-on right?

If that is his sole purpose, I hope he gets a ticket out of town. We need players here!!

 

 

Wow

If that is his sole purpose, I hope he gets a ticket out of town. We need players here!!

 

A buddy of mine who lives at the lodge says everyone loves Dwight. I think he is a great guy to have around the team.

He's a walk on who is trying to learn to coach, from what I understand.

He does not believe he is the next Jordan. He knows his best shot at ever starting is Senior Night (or Another Offical score card mix-up during the NCAA tourney, like his one and only start ever.)

He is never in to turn the ball over or make mistakes.

He is always encouraging the guys who are on the floor and is usually the first one to them during a time out.

 

What is he hurting by paying his own way and trying? The kid is learning and staying out of the way.

 

What did "Mr. Wildcat" do that was so amazing that no one else could do? Stock lockers and provide socks and jocks? Hand out towels and clean up laundry?

 

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

 

He helped encourage the younger guys, counsel the older guys, acted as a sounding board for nearly everyone, including the coaches AND HELPED to make Kentucky Basketball Kentucky Basketball. Perry is not on that level by any means, but he does it all to help the program. The guy does not gripe, does not complain and is an excellent role model for the younger guys to follow.

IF he was on a scholly, I would agree with you that he is taking up some valuable real estate, but seeing that he is paying his own way, I think he deserves a break until he proves otherwise. He serves a role that is sorely needed by this team, IMO.

He's a walk on who is trying to learn to coach, from what I understand.

He is never in to turn the ball over or make mistakes.

He is always encouraging the guys who are on the floor and is usually the first one to them during a time out.

 

What is he hurting by paying his own way and trying? The kid is learning and staying out of the way.

 

What did "Mr. Wildcat" do that was so amazing that no one else could do? Stock lockers and provide socks and jocks? Hand out towels and clean up laundry?

 

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

 

He helped encourage the younger guys, counsel the older guys, acted as a sounding board for nearly everyone, including the coaches AND HELPED to make Kentucky Basketball Kentucky Basketball. Perry is not on that level by any means, but he does it all to help the program. The guy does not gripe, does not complain and is an excellent role model for the younger guys to follow.

IF he was on a scholly, I would agree with you that he is taking up some valuable real estate, but seeing that he is paying his own way, I think he deserves a break until he proves otherwise. He serves a role that is needed by this team, IMO.

 

 

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.