Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many available scholarships does UK have now?

Featured Replies

One reason I think Porter is prolly gonna be out is because he wont get any playing time under Cal. He just cant play in that type of offense.
No argument with the latter statement, but if he has another year to go before he can graduate, why should he just pick up and leave?

 

If playing time is his main consideration, I can see him leaving. Otherwise, why should he?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point, it's all still speculation. For the moment, at least, UK is at 13.

 

On Porter, a lot of it is certainly wishful thinking. But unless he graduates at the end of this semester, he has plenty of reason to stay.

 

On Liggins, who knows?

 

I don't have any sources, just what I've read on the web, but it appears that Porter will earn his degree at the end of the semester.

 

Lots of rumors that Liggins and Pilgrim have academic issues. Take it for what it's worth.

No argument with the latter statement, but if he has another year to go before he can graduate, why should he just pick up and leave?

 

If playing time is his main consideration, I can see him leaving. Otherwise, why should he?

I seem to remember BCG or Leach saying on the last call in show that Porter would graduate at the end of this semester.

I think the whole situation is going to get really ugly locally, but swept under the rug nationally. I feel like some top 5 recruits are going to want to come here. Scholarships are renewed every year right? I can truly see some scholarships not being renewed to make room for the blue chippers. I think that's kind of harsh, but I can see it happening. Cal did say "no one player is bigger than the program". I would really hate to not be named Meeks, Patterson, or Miller right now. Those are the only 3 names Cal mentioned. Yep, I think it's going to get ugly. Any word on how practice went tonight?

I think the whole situation is going to get really ugly locally, but swept under the rug nationally. I feel like some top 5 recruits are going to want to come here. Scholarships are renewed every year right? I can truly see some scholarships not being renewed to make room for the blue chippers. I think that's kind of harsh, but I can see it happening. Cal did say "no one player is bigger than the program". I would really hate to not be named Meeks, Patterson, or Miller right now. Those are the only 3 names Cal mentioned. Yep, I think it's going to get ugly. Any word on how practice went tonight?
Kentucky will take a public relations hit around the country if they get rid of several players just so that they can bring in Calipari's recruits.

 

A lot of Kentucky fans won't care, though, as long as the talent keeps rolling in.

  • Author

Calpari will do what it takes to win and what's best for the team...

I have a very credible source who said that "practice" was held tonight for all the returning players... And my source says it was much more then a practice...:sssh:

Porter does graduate but he has talked about getting his master's. While this is exciting I also feel you cannot run people off that have put that much effort and put up with Gillespie.

Kentucky will take a public relations hit around the country if they get rid of several players just so that they can bring in Calipari's recruits.

 

A lot of Kentucky fans won't care, though, as long as the talent keeps rolling in.

 

 

That is my worry. I can see players being shown the door and I can see people not caring at all if Cousins, Wall, and Henry show up. I really feel like it is going to get ugly.

 

It's going to have to get ugly for them to come to UK, right?

I have a very credible source who said that "practice" was held tonight for all the returning players... And my source says it was much more then a practice...:sssh:

 

Care to elaborate?

Wouldnt the dribble drive benefit Liggins' game more than what he did last year?

I have a very credible source who said that "practice" was held tonight for all the returning players... And my source says it was much more then a practice...:sssh:

 

I heard the same thing.......

Well, I mean...it is what it is...Can't blame Cal for trying to get rid of BCG's poor choices. Cal is going to worry about protecting his job, program's future, etc. If any of us took over a company, wouldn't you trim fat that could potentionally cost you your job. I believe in Darwinism..

I heard no scholarships will be pulled from any Seniors.

I have talked to someone who will be participating in this practice and said its a practice but the word around the locker room was its a "tryout".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.