Anyone still want to defend Billy G?

98NCCalum

When will people admit that 90% of the reason that BCG was run out was wins and losses. If he made the elite 8 or better, his off court transgretions would be overlooked. His players would have been happier as they would be winning and not listening or reading all of the negative stuff that surrounded the program.

I love that all of these things are thrown out here and if you ask for a link, one is not available.

Yes Cal is a great coach and will do a great job. He will win next year with BCG recruits. Will we talk about him like we did Tubby when he won with Ricks recruits?

Yes BCG should have been given another year or 2 to see what he could do with the 4 & 5 star recruits he would have.

JMO!

When players parents are going to Mitch, very upset about not just the results but how their kids are being treated, ... when he did not want to be an ambassador for the university, ... when he was hateful to many in the media, ... when he couldn't get along with anyone in the athletic department, including his own boss, ... when former players are not welcome as they were with every other coach UK has ever had in my lifetime, ... etc, ... you get a picture that it was more than wins and losses.

However, had he won the VMI, UGA, UL, LSU and USC games, it would have been MUCH harder to let him go and he may have gotten another year or 2. But when he had 2 of the best players in the SEC, and yet still started Tubby's guys over the kids he brought in and misses the NCAA tourney, it didn't give him any solid ground to stand on.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I'm pretty sure he's been talking about how great Cal is/was for quite a while now...

Soooo … the last 96 hours?

Calipari's an outstanding coach, mostly because of his recruiting. But I don't think he's the best in any way, shape or form.

but the only thing we see is you rubbing something in our faces
Not my intention at all.

It was a terrible hire, I was one of the very few who said so from the beginning, despite numerous attacks to the contrary. And now that I am proving to be correct, of course I'm going to bring it up.

It has nothing todo with it being UK or any of you, B/c Cal is an absolute slam dunk and you'll not see me ever say otherwise. So I'm capable of giving credit where credit is due, and I will also admit when I'm wrong, (see "Mark It Down") all I expect is for others to do the same when they are. Not surprisingly that's not happening here.

Soooo … the last 96 hours?

Calipari's an outstanding coach, mostly because of his recruiting. But I don't think he's the best in any way, shape or form.

I didn't know 96 hours qualified as "quite a while".....

For the record, I don't think he's the best coach either, but is in the upper echelon, and is the best recruiter in the game.

I didn't know 96 hours qualified as "quite a while".....

For the record, I don't think he's the best coach either, but is in the upper echelon, and is the best recruiter in the game.

I think he's #4 or 5 on the top coaches list.

This is the attitude that irks me ... some posters acting like they know everything, making sure you know it, but they don't want to reveal what they say they know.

I do not know everything. I know there's more to this story. A couple of years ago i'd be posting it, now I'm old enough and wise enough to know better.

It's time to move on to a new era. That one's behind everyone. Just know there is and there always has been more to this story.

This is the attitude that irks me ... some posters acting like they know everything, making sure you know it, but they don't want to reveal what they say they know.

If he reveals the info, he may not get any more info from different people. How would that benefit him?

If he reveals the info, he may not get any more info from different people. How would that benefit him?

Thank you. People don't get this aspect of it. I do not post false info and if I could post more information I would.

Then what's the point in saying anything at all?

Anyone who has read these threads for the past week or so and has any intuition at all knows that there was a lot going on that neither UK nor BCG has addressed. At this point, it's not anything new to say, "There is a whole lot more to this story..."

New would be to tell us the story...if you aren't going to do that, there's no need to re-state the obvious.

JMO