March 31, 200917 yr http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=4028199 I agree with how Forde frames it.
March 31, 200917 yr Author Everyone is saying he should come.Not exactly what Forde was saying:rolleyes:
March 31, 200917 yr Not exactly what Forde was saying:rolleyes: I'm unable to listen to the link. What does Forde have to say?
March 31, 200917 yr Man I hate when all these people says things to make me worry. I was sold that he won't get Kentucky in trouble. Now I am not sure. I still think he is the best hire that can be made. Will this always be in the back of our minds? More importantly will this always be in the mind of the NCAA.
March 31, 200917 yr Not exactly what Forde was saying:rolleyes: In some parts yes, in some no. I'm unable to listen to the link. What does Forde have to say? He thought he would come. He stated that UK better take a hard look at his past and can not afford to make a mistake. Talked about the UK fan base and their expectation of UK and final 4 appearances. Also that the coach had better have a big ego and embrace all of the limelight that is expected of a UK coach. His two coaches that has fit this part has been Rupp and Ricky P. He felt that Coach Cal would embrace this aspect of the job. He also felt if he didn't come then T Ford would be the next best choice.
March 31, 200917 yr I'm unable to listen to the link. What does Forde have to say? Says that Cal will be the coach at Kentucky. That MB is trying to save his own job with this hire. That this is more about winning games than keeping the integrity of the program. That they are willing to hire him no matter what the risk of getting into trouble is. Stuff like that.
March 31, 200917 yr I'm unable to listen to the link. What does Forde have to say? Basically saying that a program like UK that has been in trouble with the NCAA 5 times in so many odd years needs to be very careful.
March 31, 200917 yr Author I'm unable to listen to the link. What does Forde have to say? Great for Cal UK should be cautious Cal is one of two people to have a final four erased by the NCAA Two years ago Cal wasn't an option for UK because of concerns but know he is, only because of the failure of the last hire. UK needs a larger than life figure at the helm (i.e. Pitino Rupp) UK has all the material reasons to be a top team but the fans may be a little irrational in expectations, in the same era which Notre Dame and Michigan fail at football and IU at basketball, UK fans think they should be above the ebb and flow program success. If this falls through they will go for a Travis Ford so UK fans won't be to hard on the second choice.
March 31, 200917 yr Great for Cal UK should be cautious Cal is one of two people to have a final four erased by the NCAA Two years ago Cal wasn't an option for UK because of concerns but know he is, only because of the failure of the last hire. UK needs a larger than life figure at the helm (i.e. Pitino Rupp) UK has all the material reasons to be a top team but the fans may be a little irrational in expectations, in the same era which Notre Dame and Michigan fail at football and IU at basketball, UK fans think they should be above the ebb and flow program success. If this falls through they will go for a Travis Ford so UK fans won't be to hard on the second choice. I can say for sure that if something bizarre happens and Calipari stays in Memphis, Ford will likely be our next coach. He has been the "backup" plan from the start.
March 31, 200917 yr I can say for sure that if something bizarre happens and Calipari stays in Memphis, Ford will likely be our next coach. He has been the "backup" plan from the start.You mean the backup to the backup?
March 31, 200917 yr You mean the backup to the backup? He was always the safety net. They had several other targets to go through first.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.