Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde on Cal and UK, ESPN interview

Featured Replies

He was always the safety net. They had several other targets to go through first.

 

Izzo completely out of the question?

Izzo completely out of the question?

 

I think Izzo would probably be next on the list if Calipari says no.

  • Author
I think Izzo would probably be next on the list if Calipari says no.

Would Izzo be a #2? I think he is to big a prospect to go into a job as the #2.

Great for Cal

UK should be cautious Cal is one of two people to have a final four erased by the NCAA

Two years ago Cal wasn't an option for UK because of concerns but know he is, only because of the failure of the last hire.

UK needs a larger than life figure at the helm (i.e. Pitino Rupp)

UK has all the material reasons to be a top team but the fans may be a little irrational in expectations, in the same era which Notre Dame and Michigan fail at football and IU at basketball, UK fans think they should be above the ebb and flow program success.

If this falls through they will go for a Travis Ford so UK fans won't be to hard on the second choice.

 

 

That alone is a fact check problem and not true.

 

Go back and you will find that other Final Fours that were vacated are:

 

1971 Villanova and Western Kentucky University (Players signed with agents)

 

1962(?) St. Josephs was vacated. Don't recall the reason right now.

 

Was the UCLA spot in 1980 eventually vacated?

That alone is a fact check problem and not true.

 

Go back and you will find that other Final Fours that were vacated are:

 

1971 Villanova and Western Kentucky University (Players signed with agents)

 

1962(?) St. Josephs was vacated. Don't recall the reason right now.

 

Was the UCLA spot in 1980 eventually vacated?

 

He said one of two current coaches to have it done. Not all time.

  • Author
That alone is a fact check problem and not true.

 

Go back and you will find that other Final Fours that were vacated are:

 

1971 Villanova and Western Kentucky University (Players signed with agents)

 

1962(?) St. Josephs was vacated. Don't recall the reason right now.

 

Was the UCLA spot in 1980 eventually vacated?

That could be the case, but I just wrote what Forde said.
That could be the case, but I just wrote what Forde said.

That stuck out to me as well. Maybe he meant current coach or something along those lines?

 

EDIT: Just heard him say it. One of two active coaches to have a F4 vacated. The other one is Steve Fisher.

Would Izzo be a #2? I think he is to big a prospect to go into a job as the #2.

 

I would think Izzo would be 1A and that is only because he is not as sexy a pick as Cal is. You know the whole I don't like the style ball he plays thing.

Would Izzo be a #2? I think he is to big a prospect to go into a job as the #2.

 

I think it was probably:

 

1. Donovan

 

2. Calipari, Izzo

 

3. Ford

He said one of two current coaches to have it done. Not all time.

 

Thanks for the clarification. Whose the other one?

Thanks for the clarification. Whose the other one?

Steve Fisher.

 

Larry Brown's UCLA Bruins also had theirs vacated, of course, he's not active in the NCAA, but is coaching.

I would think Izzo would be 1A and that is only because he is not as sexy a pick as Cal is. You know the whole I don't like the style ball he plays thing.

 

Agreed, The Tubby style didn't sit well with the fan base

I think it was probably:

 

1. Donovan

 

2. Calipari, Izzo

 

15. Ford

 

I fixed it for you... At least this is about where Ford should be in the pecking order...

Agreed, The Tubby style didn't sit well with the fan base

 

I think if the Tubby style had gone the F4, it would have been OK with most people. Izzo seems to have a habit of making the F4, so I think everyone would deal with it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.