Lafayette Job

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was Jim Conway's.

As for being a good job, yeah having to compete against teams such as Scott County, Lexington Catholic, Henry Clay, Madison Central makes it a very good job. They have talent there at Lafayette.

Is North letting Conway go? Heard this at the State tourney.

I had heard that he told the administration before the season started that this would be his last year at NL. I have not heard this from Jim or anybody in the administration, but that was the story that went around just before the season started.

I hope he stays. He has done the most with what talent NL has on the floor and gotten more out of several players than I thought was possible. They had a tremendous postseason and after upsetting KC nearly upset Corbin in the region. He helped a very talented player like Seidel go from being an excellent set shooter to a tremendous scorer inside and out. If his name is thrown in the hat at Lafayette, they would be getting a very good coach. Again, I hope it is all just rumors and he doesn't leave NL.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard Grieser, Stone, Mendenhall, and Sanford as applicants. Stone, Mendenhall, and Sanford all former Kelley assistants. These are just four names I've heard. Would think Starns and possibly Bordas from Bourbon would apply as well. My personal choice would be Greg Coldiron. I don't know where his interest level is, but I would love to see him back as a varsity head coach.