Lafayette Job

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say if Conway is interested, he would be the best choice for the job out of the coaches posted.

Conway is not interested (and that is straight from the horse's mouth). There were some in Lexington trying to get him to apply and I believe he gave it a little thought. But he and his wife love London and they don't intend to leave. Their kids are establishing some roots and a recent as last Wednesday, he was very happy where he is right now.

Having said that, nothing would shock me, but I would totally surprised if I heard he actually was considering a move to Lexington. He really seems very happy in London and we are glad to have him. He is good for the kids and have given the program some stability having now been there for 4 seasons as the head coach.

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on this? I had heard the interviews were this week. Jeremy Cox is supposedly one of the finalists, and I assume Stone and Coldiron are as well. Another thread mentioned Mike Allen was being interviewed. Anybody know anything here? I would assume they will make a quick decision with high school summer ball just around the corner.

Any word on this? I had heard the interviews were this week. Jeremy Cox is supposedly one of the finalists, and I assume Stone and Coldiron are as well. Another thread mentioned Mike Allen was being interviewed. Anybody know anything here? I would assume they will make a quick decision with high school summer ball just around the corner.

I heard a name in the hat is Toney Wise who played at Scott County and was head coach in Gainsville FL. :idunno:

This was not a reliable source, but I heard they have named Tony Wise head coach at Lafayette. Once again, this was not reliable. Just an employee at LHS.

We still don't know how reliable your source is, as I don't believe there has been an annoucement -- at least not publicly. Actually, I think I have heard less about his job on this board than just about any other in the state. Does very few with BGP membership follow Lafayette? Or, is there very little information out there about this job?