Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be UK's coach next year?

Who will be UK's coach next year? 83 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be UK's coach next year?

    • Billy Gillispie
      51%
    • Billy Donovan
      26%
    • John Calipari
      9%
    • Rick Pitino
      6%
    • Tom Izzo
      1%
    • Other
      4%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Not degrading anything that you've said or your sources, but Meeks and Patterson won't "leave" just because Gillispie is retained.

 

Why not? If one of them really does have a problem with him, which I've heard, is it really that hard to believe?

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not? If one of them really does have a problem with him, which I've heard, is it really that hard to believe?

 

I think he is saying they don't have a problem with it according to his people.

Do u think.Or we as cat fans got to endure another year of this.

 

The good thing is that it is only 1 year. Relax and enjoy the ride that may lead to some Final 4's. He has the talent coming in. We as UK fans need to admit we aren't going to best year in year out. Just to use a top team as an example; North Carolina wasn't doing so hot a few years themselves. Teams will have years when they down.

Not degrading anything that you've said or your sources, but Meeks and Patterson won't "leave" just because Gillispie is retained.

 

You're not degrading anyone.

 

You seem to think that you have very legitimate sources. Fill us in. I'd love to hear it. I am confident that yours are better than mine. :lol:

This is the way I am hearing/interpreting things:

 

Gillispie's status as the coach is solid from Barnhart. He doesn't feel it is necessary to fire Gillispie and that hasn't been a thought to him (in speaking terms). However, people misconstrue things because Barnhart hasn't officially came out and said Gillispie will be back, blah blah blah.

 

Why?

 

-They are having a year-end meeting in which they will outline the policies that Kentucky feels are sufficient in being head coach, mostly media related.

 

-Barnhart wants Gillispie back. Todd wants Gillispie back, under circumstances. But does Gillispie sincerely want to be back is the question at hand and Barnhart doesn't want to release a statement stating he is back, if indeed Gillispie doesn't want to return.

 

And so on...

Not degrading anything that you've said or your sources, but Meeks and Patterson won't "leave" just because Gillispie is retained.

 

Patterson does not get the abuse others get. They have clashed though...look back at the Houston game last year when he didnt play.

Meeks was hurt last year and BCG challenged him, made him run Memorial's steps, after being injured...the kid had a sports hernia and BCG called him soft (not the term used but X-rated).

Jasper all of a sudden didnt get homesick after two-years.

I think with the hire they are likely to make, Meeks definitely stays and Patterson very well could.

The good thing is that it is only 1 year. Relax and enjoy the ride that may lead to some Final 4's. He has the talent coming in. We as UK fans need to admit we aren't going to best year in year out. Just to use a top team as an example; North Carolina wasn't doing so hot a few years themselves. Teams will have years when they down.

 

Excellent scenario...UNC held on to Doherty one year too long. UK is not going to make that same mistake.

This is the way I am hearing/interpreting things:

 

Gillispie's status as the coach is solid from Barnhart. He doesn't feel it is necessary to fire Gillispie and that hasn't been a thought to him (in speaking terms). However, people misconstrue things because Barnhart hasn't officially came out and said Gillispie will be back, blah blah blah.

 

Why?

 

-They are having a year-end meeting in which they will outline the policies that Kentucky feels are sufficient in being head coach, mostly media related.

 

-Barnhart wants Gillispie back. Todd wants Gillispie back, under circumstances. But does Gillispie sincerely want to be back is the question at hand and Barnhart doesn't want to release a statement stating he is back, if indeed Gillispie doesn't want to return.

 

And so on...

They have already met. Decisions are pretty much final.

BCG met with Lee Todd on Friday...I think the decision was already made and reinforced on Sunday. I think the axe may have fallen from the top.

Excellent scenario...UNC held on to Doherty one year too long. UK is not going to make that same mistake.

And look what Roy did with Doherty's players

BCG, They gave Brooks years, why not Billy Clyde?

 

HUGE difference in what Brooks took over and what BCG took over.

 

However, I think they should give him another year, ... and I have not been a big BCG fan. I just hope he succeeds, because if he does, that means UK is winning. BCG has stated that with what is coming in, next year could be a special season. I say give him the chance.

I believe John Calipari will be the next head coach at UK. It's just a hunch, no sources here. Gillispie needs to go period. It's more the way he interacts with people than his coaching. It's alot easier to be a jerk when you are 32-4, than it is when you are 20-13 and in the NIT!

I must admit I have very mixed emotions on this. I think Billy G. should be given one more year, but I hate his personality and attitude toward a lot of people. I also have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes, and who leaves if he is back. That part really worries me. I just wish it would be over with and done very soon no matter the outcome.

 

:thumb: Great post, I feel the same way.

Don't believe everything that is being said in the media by the players.

 

For that matter, don't believe everything said in the media by anyone, including the media.

I have nothing more than my own feelings on this, but I tend to think a return of Gillispie means the departure of Liggins, Stewart, Porter, Meeks, & Patterson. JMO.

 

 

:idunno: Who else would be playing Porter??? Why in the world would he leave if Billy comes back.

 

 

Here's my vote for Ricky P and my expecting Billy G.

Patterson does not get the abuse others get. They have clashed though...look back at the Houston game last year when he didnt play.

Meeks was hurt last year and BCG challenged him, made him run Memorial's steps, after being injured...the kid had a sports hernia and BCG called him soft (not the term used but X-rated).

Jasper all of a sudden didnt get homesick after two-years.

I think with the hire they are likely to make, Meeks definitely stays and Patterson very well could.

What hire do you think they are likely to make?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.