March 24, 200917 yr Was at the sweet sixteen last, and was told by a very good source,that UK had done fired him.He also said,the team had a meeting, and decided to let billy g coach the nit. Well see!Also heard,they know who the next coach is,and that he has Ky Ties.Stay Tuned.
March 24, 200917 yr No you were not. I see you have bought into labs's naivete but UK got played, plain and simple. Like I said all along, there was a 0% chance BD was coming to UK last go 'round. Its silly to think otherwise. Listen grasshopper, you have one stream of info that you are drawing on. I have multiple sources from that situation. I am not gonna sit here and rehash it... No one got played. The Magic came a calling...
March 24, 200917 yr I have absolutely no idea or information.and I'm glad, lol. I do find it funny though, that there are so many on here who still claim they were right last time and I am the only one who actually was, from the very beginning. :laugh:
March 24, 200917 yr Isn't it against the rules for Kentucky to talk to Calipari right now? Minnesota & Michigan had both made contact with Tubby's agent during the season.
March 24, 200917 yr My only statement on the matter is this. I think BG is a train wreck of a hire and a terrible coach but the worst thing they could do right now is fire him. Why is he a horrible coach? Hasn't he won 3 Coaches of the Year? What don't you like that he does?
March 24, 200917 yr I hope he isn't fired, I think he deserves another year. Cats were an anomaly this year, they led or nearly led the league in FG%, FT%, RB, Def FG% and Blocks, yet went 9-9 in Conf play. I know they also led in TO's as well. This team just seemed to be snake bit all season, couldn't get a break all year. I would like to see some variety on Defense, nearly 100% man to man is easy to prepare for. Cats just didn't have that warrior mentality as a team. I'll easily give BCG another season at least. For the record I HOPE BEYOND HOPE THAT COACH CAL IS NOT IN OUR FUTURE, just me personally but I have never liked him.
March 24, 200917 yr The whole BCG deal is not about wins and losses. The quote he made after the SECT game about not being a celebrity and not being in his job description really infuriated the administration.
March 24, 200917 yr I have absolutely no idea or information.and I'm glad, lol. I do find it funny though, that there are so many on here who still claim they were right last time and I am the only one who actually was, from the very beginning. This is a really, really funny post.
March 24, 200917 yr The whole BCG deal is not about wins and losses. The quote he made after the SECT game about not being a celebrity and not being in his job description really infuriated the administration. I have no doubt that Gillispie will be here next year, but I am not going to downgrade others sources and whatnot. But maybe I don't know your whole meaning, because you do seem to know your UK information, but their has to be more than just that comment. If they fire him because of that comment, then something is very, very wrong inside the athletic department.
March 24, 200917 yr Oh there is more... I have gotten bits and pieces of it... Highly doubt anything will come out because there will likely be a non-disclosure deal after the buyout.
March 24, 200917 yr I have no doubt that Gillispie will be here next year, but I am not going to downgrade others sources and whatnot. But maybe I don't know your whole meaning, because you do seem to know your UK information, but their has to be more than just that comment. If they fire him because of that comment, then something is very, very wrong inside the athletic department. How about the way he treated ESPN during the all-access thing? Or the way he has treated virtually every member of the media he's come in contact with? He is not a nice person, that's what it comes down to. Couple that with his "lifestyle", and it could be a receipe for disaster.
March 24, 200917 yr I have no doubt that Gillispie will be here next year, but I am not going to downgrade others sources and whatnot. But maybe I don't know your whole meaning, because you do seem to know your UK information, but their has to be more than just that comment. If they fire him because of that comment, then something is very, very wrong inside the athletic department. It wouldn't be just because of that comment. Every comment he makes in the media or in an interview is controversial. Not good for a public figure and representative of the University.
March 24, 200917 yr How about the way he treated ESPN during the all-access thing? Or the way he has treated virtually every member of the media he's come in contact with? He is not a nice person, that's what it comes down to. Couple that with his "lifestyle", and it could be a receipe for disaster. I never said he was nice. After the season, there will be a thorough meeting outlining all that is required of Gillispie on the media front. Gillispie will be retained. There is no proof, whatsoever, that his "lifestyle" has affected anything. Provide me one piece of information post-the day he was hired. Of course his attitude and demeanor are blown out of proportion when Kentucky isn't winning, but you can't tell me a three-time coach of the year, and just as recently as last year, doesn't know how to coach. Kentucky hasn't gotten a break all season and just seems snake-bitten.
March 24, 200917 yr I remember the sources that said that Billy D was a done deal when Tubby left. Given that, until there is some official announcement, I will continue to cheer for the Cats with BCG at the helm and expect him back next season.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.