Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hypothetically speaking....

Featured Replies

If UK hypothetically got rid of Billy G, and Ricky P accepted some outrageous deal to come back, would UK fans all of a sudden love him again?

 

Over the years I've heard:

 

1) He's arrogant

2) He's a double-talker

3) He's a scoundral (that's a summary of various comments. I'm not sure I've ever seen the word scoundral used in any thread, in any forum on BGP.)

 

 

So, I'm just wondering....

He's a winner and his media friendly personality fits. So yea, bring him on. Don't think it will happen though.:idunno:

Yes, he would be welcomed, IMO.

And since we're speaking hypothetically here Rockmom, how would you feel about him if he did leave UofL?

^ Your gonna get Rock Mom started.

 

 

Personally I have always liked Pitino, he is a good coach and a great motivator.

  • Author
And since we're speaking hypothetically here Rockmom, how would you feel about him if he did leave UofL?

 

 

I wouldn't hate him. One has to be objective about the situation. I would assume it would have to be a pretty sweet deal to lure him away. It would suck big time for the Cards, but unless he was a complete jerk about the way he left, I'd wish him well, and hope we could find an awesome replacement to beat UK every year despite the loss. I'd be ANNNNGGGRRRYYYYY...but at the situation, not the man.

I was upset that he went to Louisville, but I always understood it. It certainly has never stopped me from wishing he had never left or wishing in my heart of hearts he'd come back. It would never happen though. He's coached every bit as long at Louisville as he did at Kentucky.

My Uncle has always been a Louisville fan. When Pitino was coaching KY, he always said, "He lives and dies by the three, not that good of a coach." He changed his tune wholeheartedly when Pitino took over Louisville. I'd imagine most KY fans would be the same way if he came back.

I would LOVE to have Pitino.

I wouldn't hate him. One has to be objective about the situation. I would assume it would have to be a pretty sweet deal to lure him away. It would suck big time for the Cards, but unless he was a complete jerk about the way he left, I'd wish him well, and hope we could find an awesome replacement to beat UK every year despite the loss. I'd be ANNNNGGGRRRYYYYY...but at the situation, not the man.

 

 

Saying you'd be ANGRY at the situation is basically the same as being ANGRYYYY at Pitino. It'd be his choice & his decision. Basically, the situation IS (would be) Pitino.

 

I wouldn't mind seeing Pitino back at Kentucky. I don't want him back, but he's still one of the top coaches in the game and he's proven that he still can recruit & coach. More importantly, I think he'd assemble a great staff of assistant coaches to go along with him.

 

His arrogance & double-speak are two of the things that make him such a good coach, along with that whole New York personality. That was clear at Kentucky, and remains clear today at Louisville.

It would take me some time to warm back up to him...The Key is winning...

 

UK fans would be in Love with Gillispie if He were winning...Even if He never plays Zone...Even if He is mean to the Ladies at the Half time interviews...Even if He didn't make adjustments...If He is winning they Love you...Just ask Tubby...

  • Author
Saying you'd be ANGRY at the situation is basically the same as being ANGRYYYY at Pitino. It'd be his choice & his decision. Basically, the situation IS (would be) Pitino.

 

I wouldn't mind seeing Pitino back at Kentucky. I don't want him back, but he's still one of the top coaches in the game and he's proven that he still can recruit & coach. More importantly, I think he'd assemble a great staff of assistant coaches to go along with him.

 

His arrogance & double-speak are two of the things that make him such a good coach. That was clear at Kentucky, and remains clear today at Louisville.

 

 

No...you can be angry at the situation but not be angry at the person. In my hypothesis, UK offered him a super-sweet deal that UL couldn't match. THAT's what I'd be angry about. Not him making a decision that was advantageous to himself...but that Louisville couldn't offer him something equally as advantageous.

 

For the record, speaking realistically, I don't think Pitino would leave for just money. He may leave for a new challenge, but I don't think he'd leave for just money. I think a lot of the things that have happened to him personally have changed his perspective. If UK wants to get him back, I think it would take more than money.

No...you can be angry at the situation but not be angry at the person. In my hypothesis, UK offered him a super-sweet deal that UL couldn't match. THAT's what I'd be angry about. Not him making a decision that was advantageous to himself...but that Louisville couldn't offer him something equally as advantageous.

 

For the record, speaking realistically, I don't think Pitino would leave for just money. He may leave for a new challenge, but I don't think he'd leave for just money. I think a lot of the things that have happened to him personally have changed his perspective. If UK wants to get him back, I think it would take more than money.

 

I agree that you can be mad at the situation and not the person, generally; however, in this hypothetical, the person is 100% responsible for the situation.

 

Anyway, Pitino is not coming back to UK. And you wouldn't think that he'd leave for the money after all he's been through, but you never know. He's already done it once, and the money that some of these teams & franchises throw at their coaches is ridiculous. You'd be crazy not to listen.

He is the perfect person for the UK job IMO. I have said that for years. No one loves the celebrity more, he recruits great, he handles the fan base like he has always done it. He could miss the dance and somehow make you feel like they were on there way and they would be.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.