Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Basketball

Featured Replies

Who's it going to be? Candidates .

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it decided before the sweet 16 or after it, because if one of the other top runners puts on a show they could get it.

I believe it's selected after the tournament.

Jon Hood.

 

Richie Phares should be a close second though.

I think Jon Hood has it locked up, he had it locked up before the season started IMO, the second he signed his name on the LOI to UK.

 

Vee Sanford, Jon Ferguson, Richie Phares, Jacob Jenkins, and Russ Middleton should be the other front runners, if the award is still not wrapped up.

I think Jon Hood has it locked up, he had it locked up before the season started IMO, the second he signed his name on the LOI to UK.

 

Vee Sanford, Jon Ferguson, Richie Phares, Jacob Jenkins, and Russ Middleton should be the other front runners, if the award is still not wrapped up.

 

Both will be able to make a case this week. If one of them happen to make it to the state finals then Hood will have company

I think Jon Hood has it locked up, he had it locked up before the season started IMO, the second he signed his name on the LOI to UK.

Vee Sanford, Jon Ferguson, Richie Phares, Jacob Jenkins, and Russ Middleton should be the other front runners, if the award is still not wrapped up.

 

I just don't understand that! Just because they sign with UK? Where's UK now . . . sitting at home-season OVER. Just because a kid signs with UK doesn't mean much anymore. IMO, Mr. Basketball should not be designated by the individual that signs with them.

I just don't understand that! Just because they sign with UK? Where's UK now . . . sitting at home-season OVER. Just because a kid signs with UK doesn't mean much anymore. IMO, Mr. Basketball should not be designated by the individual that signs with them.

 

By any chance, did you see who won Mr.Basketball last season? Darius Miller, a UK signee. He was a great player last year, one of the determining factors on him receiving the Award was the school he was going to the next fall. I didn't think he was better than Hopson, Mack or Henderson but none of those boys went to UK and Miller did. I don't agree with it eithe, but it does go a long way to winning the award IMO. And there are some UK fans that think the program is just a year away from a National Title, it will take a lot for fans to come off of that cloud.

By any chance, did you see who won Mr.Basketball last season? Darius Miller, a UK signee. He was a great player last year, one of the determining factors on him receiving the Award was the school he was going to the next fall. I didn't think he was better than Hopson, Mack or Henderson but none of those boys went to UK and Miller did. I don't agree with it eithe, but it does go a long way to winning the award IMO. And there are some UK fans that think the program is just a year away from a National Title, it will take a lot for fans to come off of that cloud.

 

Miller won because he was better than every other senior.

I just don't understand that! Just because they sign with UK? Where's UK now . . . sitting at home-season OVER. Just because a kid signs with UK doesn't mean much anymore. IMO, Mr. Basketball should not be designated by the individual that signs with them.

 

Well, if I can recall correctly (Which I could be wrong), Darius Miller was the first Mr. Basketball that went to UK since 2002 (Brandon Stockton). Since then, Ross Neltner (LSU/Vandy), Chris Lofton (Tenn), Dominic Tilford (UC/South Alabama), Walt Allen (Presbyterian), and Steffphon Pettigrew (WKU) have won the prestigious award.

 

Hood wins hands down

Miller won because he received more votes than the other players.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.