Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Morehead State 67 Austin Peay 65 (2 OT)

Featured Replies

Great game. The dunk by K-Time should be #1 on top Plays tonight. An amazing game. Faried is a special special player and Coach T is a great coach. This team won 4 games and had 6 scholarship players the year before he took over and they are now Dancing. Congrats to the Eagles!!

 

Morehead was 4-23 and the bottom team in NCAA Division I when Tyndall came along. He put them in the OVC Tournament his first season at the helm. They hosted a first round game and lost last season. They won the tournament this season.

 

:notworthy:

  • Replies 55
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew!! I have just now caught my breath! What else can be said about this one other than I have no doubt that this game was the best college basketbal game that I have watched all season.

Moreheads play at the end of regulation, followed by the shot by APSU to tie then the two o.t.'s were just unbelievable. Both teams are very well coached, I can't stress that enough. Faried is a freak! What a shot by a freshman to win the game for Morehead and play calls by Tyndall coming out of time outs along with the execution by his players. That is what a college basketball team is supposed to do.

 

Congrats to Morehead on the win!! :dancingpa

Congrats MSU!!! I am a Morehead grad and couldn't be happier. I attended Morehead from 1985-1990. The campus was still buzzing about Bob McCann and the Eagles when I arrived. Great Job!

I'm so happy for Morehead.:dancingpaBack to the Big Dance!!!

First time in the NCAA since the days of Big Bob McCann?

My stomach has been torn all to pieces. My best friend texted and said he was a bottle of wine and 6 beers in that something had to give lol. Morehead trailed almost the whole game. Thought the officiating was pretty bad. Blatant charge at the end of regulation but I could live with the no call there until they called it on Morehead at the end of OT.

The alley oop with 6 seconds left in that situation is as good of an oop as I've ever seen in a spot like that! AMAZING! Freshman off the bench hits his first shot of the game.... think he will be a hero this week?

Anybody know when and where they play? I'm in for a road trip! Dayton I think but not sure when.

Congrats to Athletic Director Brian Hutchinson. I went to high school with Brian at Lawrence County then college with him at Morehead. He was at one time the youngest A.D. in the Nation. He is just going to keep climbing the ladder IMO!

Unbelievable. We did it Stick!

 

Lead story on ESPN baby!!!

Congrats to the Eagles!!! Looking forward to watching them.

Here is my game recap:

 

Morehead State 67

Austin Peay 65 (2OT)

 

The Morehead State Eagles are headed to the NCAA Tournament after their exciting win over Austin Peay tonight. Morehead (19-15) trailed by seven points at the half, but managed to fight their way back into the game. The Eagles tied the game late in the second half and then took a two-point lead with only seconds remaining. Austin Peay nailed a buzzer-beater to tie the game and send it to overtime.

 

In the first overtime, it was a back-and-forth battle with each team coming up with big plays. Maze Stallworth tied the game near the end of the first overtime. Austin Peay ran a perfectly executed play, but Kenneth Faried picked up a huge block on a three-pointer at the buzzer to send the game to double overtime.

 

The second overtime began with a Morehead State basket at the 4:29 mark. The score remained 65-63 until Peay's Drake Reed tied it with two free throws at 0:28. After an Eagle timeout, freshman Steve Peterson scored his only two points of the game on a 16-foot jumper from the baseline. The Governors' long heave came bounced of the backboard to end the game.

 

Morehead was led by Kenneth Faried with 15 points and 10 rebounds. This was Faried's twenty-third double-double on the season. Leon Buchanan and Demonte Harper added 13 points for the Eagles. Maze Stallworth finished with 12 points and Brandon Shingles chipped in 11.

 

Austin Peay (19-13) was led by Drake Reed and Wes Channels with 16 points each.

 

This will be Morehead State's first appearance in the NCAA Tournament in 25 years. Head Coach Donnie Tyndall took the squad over after a 4-23 season and has them back on top of the OVC in only three seasons.

Morehead's coach was impressive in his post game interview. The guy definitely knows the game. And he loves Morehead State. He played there and his joy in victory for his alma mater was heart warming.:thumb:

I caught the end of this one; what a finish! Amazing turnaround for Coach Tyndall and the Eagles.

Does anybody know what day they play? Is it Dayton for sure and is that the play in game (I always thought the OVC was an automatic)?

Let's road trip it Wireman!

Does anybody know what day they play? Is it Dayton for sure and is that the play in game (I always thought the OVC was an automatic)?

Let's road trip it Wireman!

 

We won't know anything for certain until Sunday's Selection Show, but at 19-15, I'd have to think they'll be in the play-in game. We'll have to wait and see, though.

 

I'm going for a road trip!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.