Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Knox Central

Featured Replies

What does Knox Central need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KC is coming off a landmark year in which they were Regional-runner up. KC has to replace their leading rusher, QB and most of their defense. They will remain one of the better teams in 4A. The most important game of the season for the Panthers will be when they host Rock for what will be the 2nd place in the district. I think they lose too much to have a shot at Bell. They JV and freshman games the past couple of years have not been close so I think they will be searching for some players. They will however be well coached and will play hard. Merida should be the leading ball carrier along with Bailey at FB will make a decent running game. Canday will be the QB I suppose?

KC is coming off a landmark year in which they were Regional-runner up. KC has to replace their leading rusher, QB and most of their defense. They will remain one of the better teams in 4A. The most important game of the season for the Panthers will be when they host Rock for what will be the 2nd place in the district. I think they lose too much to have a shot at Bell. They JV and freshman games the past couple of years have not been close so I think they will be searching for some players. They will however be well coached and will play hard. Merida should be the leading ball carrier along with Bailey at FB will make a decent running game. Canday will be the QB I suppose?

 

When a Team can replace 13 Sr's. QB and Leading Rusher, TE and Best Rec. and most of their Def. and still be one of the best in 4A, that is saying a lot for their program.

When a Team can replace 13 Sr's. QB and Leading Rusher, TE and Best Rec. and most of their Def. and still be one of the best in 4A, that is saying a lot for their program.

 

Or not alot for 4A teams. KC should be solid next year but have to replace many parts. Barger may be a good QB as well.

Best meaning top 10. I would think 8 of the top 10 will reside in the Eastern side. Bell, Lex Cath, Boyle, Rock, KC, Bryan Station and so on.

KC is coming off a landmark year in which they were Regional-runner up. KC has to replace their leading rusher, QB and most of their defense. They will remain one of the better teams in 4A. The most important game of the season for the Panthers will be when they host Rock for what will be the 2nd place in the district. I think they lose too much to have a shot at Bell. They JV and freshman games the past couple of years have not been close so I think they will be searching for some players. They will however be well coached and will play hard. Merida should be the leading ball carrier along with Bailey at FB will make a decent running game. Canday will be the QB I suppose?

 

I watched them play against Covington Holy Cross and a running back tore HC up was that the guy who is leaving

I watched them play against Covington Holy Cross and a running back tore HC up was that the guy who is leaving

 

Yes I think so. If it was #13 it was Carnes who was a Sr.

Yes I think so. If it was #13 it was Carnes who was a Sr.

 

I think it was 13 and maybe 10 if that was a running back or quarterback

Best meaning top 10. I would think 8 of the top 10 will reside in the Eastern side. Bell, Lex Cath, Boyle, Rock, KC, Bryan Station and so on.

 

Bryan Station not in 4A I believe they moved up to 6A in the 09 season and I could be wrong about that.

  • Author
Bryan Station not in 4A I believe they moved up to 6A in the 09 season and I could be wrong about that.

That is correct, Bryan Station will be in 6A in 2009.

That is correct, Bryan Station will be in 6A in 2009.

 

I thought that was right but I wasn't for sure.

I think Coach Mills does a Great Job Coaching Football. He will find it hard to replace all those kids. Even Bell Co. would be hard pressed to replace that many Starters.

I thought that was right but I wasn't for sure.

 

Better right that one down. :D Not sure why I typed that???:confused: I was think Boyd but could not remember what they return.

KC graduated as fine a group of seniors as has been seen here in quite some time, a rare combination of heart and athleticism along with good numbers. However, there were a good number of underclassmen playing well last season as well as a number of good kids biding their time behind those seniors. I worry a bit about replacing Smith at QB, but I believe Mills has brought this program to the level of having quality new players to plug in each season. Watch for kids like Travis Canady, Chad Merida, Cody Diamond, Justin King, Tyler Bailey and others to step into the spotlight. (I hate to mention names because I know there are a bunch I'm leaving out). The cupboard is far from bare.

KC graduated as fine a group of seniors as has been seen here in quite some time, a rare combination of heart and athleticism along with good numbers. However, there were a good number of underclassmen playing well last season as well as a number of good kids biding their time behind those seniors. I worry a bit about replacing Smith at QB, but I believe Mills has brought this program to the level of having quality new players to plug in each season. Watch for kids like Travis Canady, Chad Merida, Cody Diamond, Justin King, Tyler Bailey and others to step into the spotlight. (I hate to mention names because I know there are a bunch I'm leaving out). The cupboard is far from bare.

 

Didn't saw it was bare. Just that those kids will be hard to replace. I think Coach Mills will tell you the same thing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.