March 3, 200917 yr You sure because according to rivals he had offers from all 3 and oklahoma state. Sorry not all of our recruits are upstanding like yours because you have some real genius' on your team. Who is your point guard this week, the turnover machine or the out of control greatest decision maker in college basketball freshmen. Wait I know who it is the walk on cousin of a former great who has a panic attack on the sidelines every time jodie meeks shoots the ball, headcase yeah you got some room to talk.
March 3, 200917 yr http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=39592&Sport=2 Sorry it was Oregon State not Oklahoma State but pretty sure that still says UConn and Pitt.
March 3, 200917 yr Lets see over the last two years. 1. WKU Sweet Sixteen, UK loss in first round 2. WKU win over Louisville, UK no wins over Louisville 3. WKU first round draft pick currently starting for a title contender, UK Crawford balling in the NBDL and Bradley still working on that rap album, yea the Brooklyn Don throwing up the roc after shooting 1-17 against Arkansas. Sorry we arent on your level and dont give me that conference bs because you have no room to talk about conference this year. By the way this was supposed to be a down year for us but we won the regular season conference title and won 20 games starting 3 in state players but I forgot you guys would rather recruit guys that are better at football to run your pg.
March 3, 200917 yr You sure because according to rivals he had offers from all 3 and oklahoma state. Sorry not all of our recruits are upstanding like yours because you have some real genius' on your team. Who is your point guard this week, the turnover machine or the out of control greatest decision maker in college basketball freshmen. Wait I know who it is the walk on cousin of a former great who has a panic attack on the sidelines every time jodie meeks shoots the ball, headcase yeah you got some room to talk. Not a UK fan so nice try. Oregon State recruited over him and filled all of their spots even though they were in the lead. That should tell you something. UConn and Pitt showed some interest, but never offered. Did you miss his Facebook fiasco concerning UK? That was hilarious. Enjoy. He'll be a treat... "Terrence Boyd is a gym rat and Terrence Boyd loves the game of basketball," he said. "With that being said, he's working out, he's running, he's hitting the books so that nobody else can try to trap him. Terrence Boyd is working hard for that debut to have that Western Kentucky jersey on and the Hilltopper fans yelling my name. I'm gonna put up points, I'm gonna put up assists and it's gonna be overall, a really, really good time. Basically, I'm looking to show them something that they've never seen before." :clap:
March 3, 200917 yr Lets see over the last two years. 1. WKU Sweet Sixteen, UK loss in first round 2. WKU win over Louisville, UK no wins over Louisville 3. WKU first round draft pick currently starting for a title contender, UK Crawford balling in the NBDL and Bradley still working on that rap album, yea the Brooklyn Don throwing up the roc after shooting 1-17 against Arkansas. Sorry we arent on your level and dont give me that conference bs because you have no room to talk about conference this year. By the way this was supposed to be a down year for us but we won the regular season conference title and won 20 games starting 3 in state players but I forgot you guys would rather recruit guys that are better at football to run your pg. Enjoy while It last, WKU Is still the 3rd best team In the state...:sssh:
March 3, 200917 yr Most teams experience a dip in league play, he said, so the pre-conference portion of the schedule must not be too difficult. "You don't want that to be your undoing as far as the NCAA Tournament," he said. This sure sounds as though he thinks this year's pre-conference was too hard, at least that is how I would take it. My understanding is that they were said not in this order. I think he said the part about the schedule after he said the strength of schedule rating could hold them back. He has to understand after this year you can't bottom feed. I think he doesn't want to add the Kansas' and Michigan State's of the world but wants to get teams ranked between 90-150th. But I read it on a few blogs and I didn't hear the radio show
March 3, 200917 yr Lets see over the last two years. 1. WKU Sweet Sixteen, UK loss in first round 2. WKU win over Louisville, UK no wins over Louisville 3. WKU first round draft pick currently starting for a title contender, UK Crawford balling in the NBDL and Bradley still working on that rap album, yea the Brooklyn Don throwing up the roc after shooting 1-17 against Arkansas. Sorry we arent on your level and dont give me that conference bs because you have no room to talk about conference this year. By the way this was supposed to be a down year for us but we won the regular season conference title and won 20 games starting 3 in state players but I forgot you guys would rather recruit guys that are better at football to run your pg. My word, WKU may be the greatest team of all time. Personally, I've always been a fan of Western Kansas.
March 3, 200917 yr Enjoy while It last, WKU Is still the 3rd best team In the state...:sssh: You sure about that? I'm sure they'd love to prove you wrong...:sssh:
March 3, 200917 yr :lol: Didn't have an offer from any of the 3. Plus he's a head case, and likes to talk in 3rd person. Have fun with that... :lol: Hey, if he produces points and victories... He can talk to him, himself and Irene all he wants too. :clap:
March 4, 200917 yr As long as Billy G was there and I were a UK fan, I would love the weaker OOC schedule, so that way UNC wouldn't pass us up in total wins. Sounds like Billy to do something like that though, being the great coach he is.
March 4, 200917 yr As long as Billy G was there and I were a UK fan, I would love the weaker OOC schedule, so that way UNC wouldn't pass us up in total wins. Sounds like Billy to do something like that though, being the great coach he is. That is the last thing on my mind.
March 4, 200917 yr Wow...Are you Jerry Tipton? Coach is talking about a HARDER pre-conference schedule. It's painfully obvious. Tipton took it one way as did you. Other people including me took it that he's not going w/ total bottom feeders and possibly not as many top 10 programs. I read more than just this opinion piece from Tipton. Ok here you two its not that hard to figure out. Here is an exact quote from Billy G when talking about non conference scheduling. "Most teams experience a dip in league play" and another "You don't want that to be your undoing as far as the NCAA tournament." Billy G also was already on record last season saying how he thought the non conference schedule they played was to tough. I mean seriously look at those quotes. He is talking about he teams experience a dip in league play, which means more losses. I dont think you can argue that right? So if a team is going to get more losses in league play as he thinks, then he for sure does not want to get that many losses in non conference as well. Because if get many losses in non conference and then league play you are taking a chance of not making the tournament or being a horrible seed. Hmmm that kinda sounds familiar since that is exactly has has happened the last two years. So yeah I think it is painfully obvious as you said, that he is clearly talking about having an easier non conference schedule. :sssh::popcorn:
March 4, 200917 yr :lol: Didn't have an offer from any of the 3. Plus he's a head case, and likes to talk in 3rd person. Have fun with that... :lol: According to the rivals link, he was offered by UConn and Pitt. I saw it the other day and was like :confused:. What's up witht that?
March 4, 200917 yr What's up witht that? Those offer lists are usually way off. The info comes from the kids or AAU coaches most of the time, and they are looking to build the hype...
March 4, 200917 yr Ok here you two its not that hard to figure out. Here is an exact quote from Billy G when talking about non conference scheduling. "Most teams experience a dip in league play" and another "You don't want that to be your undoing as far as the NCAA tournament." Billy G also was already on record last season saying how he thought the non conference schedule they played was to tough. I mean seriously look at those quotes. He is talking about he teams experience a dip in league play, which means more losses. I dont think you can argue that right? So if a team is going to get more losses in league play as he thinks, then he for sure does not want to get that many losses in non conference as well. Because if get many losses in non conference and then league play you are taking a chance of not making the tournament or being a horrible seed. Hmmm that kinda sounds familiar since that is exactly has has happened the last two years. So yeah I think it is painfully obvious as you said, that he is clearly talking about having an easier non conference schedule. :sssh::popcorn: Or you want a higher SOS going into conference play so your RPI is higher. I heard the segment of the call-in show last night and when he said that quote, my initial reaction was that it had to be tougher. They only played 3 tournament teams (and lost them all) and 2 bubble teams (and won them) in their NC schedule. It doesn't seem that he is thinking that the NC schedule beat them up or hurt them. Or think of it as, the NC schedule is weak so you can't afford to slip up in conference because you don't have any quality wins or a quality SOS (which they didn't). So, if you ARE going to have slip ups in the conference, do you want a high SOS and RPI going into it or a low one? Considering they have the latter, I think he sees it as a problem. I don't think you need to go and get 3-4 top notch opponents to replace 3-4 weak ones but get some mid-major conference teams to replace 3-4 weak ones.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.