Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie's adjustments?

Featured Replies

What adjustments have you seen Gillispie make this season?

 

 

I can think of two, he switched the ball screen vs. Florida. He started Galloway and Miller in the second half vs. LSU. That's it, I'm not ignorant about basketball. I just don't see many examples of what I consider a good in game coach. How about you?

Hopefully he can recruit because he is a horrible game coach.

He's often too stubborn for his own good.

 

Yes he is.

I thought he played excellent defense against TN.

 

He played man to man but his gameplan was to NOT put pressure on the ball. It was almost like a matchup zone except that everyone stayed with their man and just dared them to take outside shots.

 

I know that defense seems kinda cowardly, but IMO if we had played it all year, we would have 3 more W's right now.

 

If you can't match up well enough to play to half court, do something different. He won't play zone, so soften up around the 3 point line.

Perhaps he can recruit some quality athletes, then stay home on game day and just let them play. I think they'd have a better chance of winning

Perhaps he can recruit some quality athletes, then stay home on game day and just let them play. I think they'd have a better chance of winning

 

:laugh:

He's often too stubborn for his own good.

 

 

Your right! This may be the thing that ruins him in the long run.

He's often too stubborn for his own good.

 

This is the number one reason I'm leaning towards wanting him to be packing his bags sometime soon. I can't stand his stubbornness.

 

Galloway and Miller made some things happen with Porter and Harriss setting the bench. I would bet my home that neither starts our next game. It's discouraging knowing we have people on the bench who could be contributing for the first 5-8 minutes of the game.

He's often too stubborn for his own good.

 

Have not seen that many adjustments all season. One adjustment would to be to take some blame for the loses instead of blaming players. One thing I always admired about Pitino was tha if team won players were the reason if team lost coaching was the reason. I think BCG needs to take some lessons from Pitino.

He's often too stubborn for his own good.

 

I agree and I do not think that he does a very good job of "in game/bench" coaching. BCG imo lacks "in game" adjustments to what the opponet may be doing. Also, an opposing coach will adjust to what U.K. is doing with no moves/adjustments made by BCG. I do believe that he is good defensively.

I also believe that his lack of skills in relating to the players and the public in general hurt him. That is jmo though.

Have not seen that many adjustments all season. One adjustment would to be to take some blame for the loses instead of blaming players. One thing I always admired about Pitino was tha if team won players were the reason if team lost coaching was the reason. I think BCG needs to take some lessons from Pitino.

 

I'm think someone on here posted about Billy G taking the blame for yesterday's loss. I don't remember him throwing players under the bus hardly ever.

When they are doing really well I hope all of the haters stay off the wagon.

  • Author

When they are doing well it's because they are hitting 3's and the other teams is missing them, it has little to do with the coaches adjustments.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.