Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie's adjustments?

Featured Replies

When they are doing really well I hope all of the haters stay off the wagon.

 

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely! I stated my opinion on what I think of his adjustments or lack there of on this and other threads but I am not or haven't called for his head on a platter like some already are. As I said on another thread,,,,,,"Coaches come an coaches go but the bashing at U.K. goes on forever, only the names change :rolleyes:" To listen to alot of people one would think that U.K. has never won a basketball game in the history of the University. That, or alot of posters on here probably are not old enough to know or for whatever reason haven't aknowledged that basketball was indeed played at U.K. before Rick Pitino, imagine that! :D.

I answered the question/thread title and cetainly hope that wasn't taken as bashing by anyone bc it wasn't meant that way at all. I get upset at losses as much as anyone does, I hate to lose but I at least try to be realistic about it. BCG is not the greatest coach today but he is certainly not the worst.

 

So, I agree with you and will again say......"If some fans are going to trash the program now then that is their right to do so, just please don't come back around claiming "great fan" when U.K. is on top again", and mark my words that will happen.

When they are doing well it's because they are hitting 3's and the other teams is missing them, it has little to do with the coaches adjustments.

 

I'm not talking about this year. Maggard is reporting that Meeks and Patterson are coming back. When you add a PG, Hood, Orton, and Pilgrim to those two plus the development of Miller you have a chance at being really good next year if they get anything at all from the PG spot. I hope all of the bashers stay bashers and don't fall back in love w/ BCG. He came into a situation where UK didn't have enough good players and the fans expect a final four every year. In his 3rd year here they will have a chance at competing for a final four. Not too bad for a rebuilding job.

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely! I stated my opinion on what I think of his adjustments or lack there of on this and other threads but I am not or haven't called for his head on a platter like some already are. As I said on another thread,,,,,,"Coaches come an coaches go but the bashing at U.K. goes on forever, only the names change :rolleyes:" To listen to alot of people one would think that U.K. has never won a basketball game in the history of the University. That, or alot of posters on here probably are not old enough to know or for whatever reason haven't aknowledged that basketball was indeed played at U.K. before Rick Pitino, imagine that! :D.

I answered the question/thread title and cetainly hope that wasn't taken as bashing by anyone bc it wasn't meant that way at all. I get upset at losses as much as anyone does, I hate to lose but I at least try to be realistic about it. BCG is not the greatest coach today but he is certainly not the worst.

 

So, I agree with you and will again say......"If some fans are going to trash the program now then that is their right to do so, just please don't come back around claiming "great fan" when U.K. is on top again", and mark my words that will happen.

 

I'm not talking about this year. Maggard is reporting that Meeks and Patterson are coming back. When you add a PG, Hood, Orton, and Pilgrim to those two plus the development of Miller you have a chance at being really good next year if they get anything at all from the PG spot. I hope all of the bashers stay bashers and don't fall back in love w/ BCG. He came into a situation where UK didn't have enough good players and the fans expect a final four every year. In his 3rd year here they will have a chance at competing for a final four. Not too bad for a rebuilding job.

 

 

 

Agree w/ both of you.

Obvious adjustments we don't see I can understand being questioned. I found it interesting in reading the LH today or maybe yesterday that PP said coach told us exactly what LSU was going to run when Thornton got the putback and freethrows. So I guess it would be safe to say we don't know what kind of adjustments are being told to the players and just aren't being followed.

I thought he played excellent defense against TN.

 

He played man to man but his gameplan was to NOT put pressure on the ball. It was almost like a matchup zone except that everyone stayed with their man and just dared them to take outside shots.

 

I know that defense seems kinda cowardly, but IMO if we had played it all year, we would have 3 more W's right now.

 

If you can't match up well enough to play to half court, do something different. He won't play zone, so soften up around the 3 point line.

 

What? Why would you think that? I mean yeah against UT we laid off of them because well they don't shoot the three ball that well this year. But if you notice every other game teams tear us up from the three point line. We already give up tons of wide open three point shots a game, and you want UK to lay off and give teams even more wide open threes? I mean it seems like every game this year, teams have tore us up from the outside, and its because they get wide open threes already.

I'm not talking about this year. Maggard is reporting that Meeks and Patterson are coming back. When you add a PG, Hood, Orton, and Pilgrim to those two plus the development of Miller you have a chance at being really good next year if they get anything at all from the PG spot. I hope all of the bashers stay bashers and don't fall back in love w/ BCG. He came into a situation where UK didn't have enough good players and the fans expect a final four every year. In his 3rd year here they will have a chance at competing for a final four. Not too bad for a rebuilding job.

 

Do You actually think any of these guys will play in front of Porter and Harris:ohbrother::ohbrother:

Do You actually think any of these guys will play in front of Porter and Harris:ohbrother::ohbrother:

 

I'm not concerned about who starts in front of Harris. I think Harris can be a decent palyer if there are 4 better playres on the court than him. He can play defense and is athletic enough not to hurt them. I think Porter transfers or plays 12 minutes a game next year or less. I think Harris plays 18 minutes or less if Meeks comes back. Porter and Harris would be decent if they were counted on for doing what they are capable of doing and not what fans expect every player that ever put on a UK jersey expect.

Obvious adjustments we don't see I can understand being questioned. I found it interesting in reading the LH today or maybe yesterday that PP said coach told us exactly what LSU was going to run when Thornton got the putback and freethrows. So I guess it would be safe to say we don't know what kind of adjustments are being told to the players and just aren't being followed.

 

True, but if you have kids on the floor who aren't doing what you want at this point of the season, ... then I have to question why are they on the floor?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.