Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UofL 76 Georgetown 58

Featured Replies

  • Author
But UT is only 1 game out of getting a bye in the conference tourney while Georgetown is one game away from not even MAKING their conference tourney.

 

I honestly believe that G-town could be in contention in the SEC east too though, just my opinion.:walk:

  • Replies 74
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I agree with that....but I do think wins over Memphis, UConn, and the 'Cuse, at this time are better than Marquette, and Georgetown (funny, I know)...

 

I can see that reasoning, I thought they were going to be a force after they beat UConn. They even had me worried, as a UofL fan, before the game tonight. They have been a big let down for me. I don't think they use Monroe enough.... We've highjacked this thread enough.:lol::walk:

Yeah, AverageJoe, if you want to fire it up, let's move this thing.

Everyone makes the Big East tourney.

 

I forgot they decided to include all 16 teams beginning this season.

Yeah, AverageJoe, if you want to fire it up, let's move this thing.

 

What are you even saying here?

Anyway, nice solid road win for UL who now hold the chance for a #1 Seed in their hands. Win out and its theirs.

I agree with that....but I do think wins over Memphis, UConn, and the 'Cuse, at this time are better than Marquette, and Georgetown (funny, I know)...

 

Trying to make it fit your argument?

Gtown had one loss in the their first 11 games, in that stretch they beat Maryland, Memphis, and UConn. They lost by double digits to Tennessee. When GT was at their best, they got handled by UT.

Both teams are headed in the wrong direction.

Both boast high RPI's and solid SOS's which will get extra weight before the committtee.

GT lost 6 of 7 games and in that stretch there were losses to UC twice and Seton Hall. Not exactly juggernaughts.

UT is not very good right now, but they just aren't as awful as Georgetown.

I honestly believe that G-town could be in contention in the SEC east too though, just my opinion.:walk:

 

...and UK could be in contention for the Big East title in my opinion...based on criteria that is being used here in this thread.

I can see that reasoning, I thought they were going to be a force after they beat UConn. They even had me worried, as a UofL fan, before the game tonight. They have been a big let down for me. I don't think they use Monroe enough.... We've highjacked this thread enough.:lol::walk:

 

What's the reasoning?

Tennessee is the only team to beat GTown when they were at their best on a neutral floor by double figures.

Cards looked very tough. I agree Preston Knowles is a difference maker, so fast and can elevate. He definetly brings it up a notch when he comes in.

  • Author
What's the reasoning?

Tennessee is the only team to beat GTown when they were at their best on a neutral floor by double figures.

 

The reasoning of wins over Memphis, UConn and Syracuse being as good or greater than wins over G-town and Marq. Like I said, the Marq win was impressive. Honestly though, it was in November. If you want to hang your hat on wins in November, that's fine. The truth is that they(UT and G-town) have been huge underachievers this season.

 

Back to on topic, UofL played another great game tonight.

Edited by LCPATS

I actually thought the Cards had a few weaknesses last night. Shooting like they did they should have put Georgetwon away earlier. Samuels is improving but needs to make better decisions. I didn't think they defended the baseline on the drive very well last night. And free throw shooting continues to suck.

 

On the plus side, Jerry Smith seems to have warmed up, Terrence Jennings continues to give stellar minutes, and the perimeter defense was just outstanding yet again. T-Williams seems to have a knack for smelling when the crowd is getting into it, and then shutting them up with some stellar jam or trey or dish. I'm ordinarily not a fan of "talkers," but I love the way he smiles and addresses the road crowds.

The line is supposed to create equal plays on both sides. G'town fighting for their lives at home was sexy to a bunch of people I'm sure.

 

Do you consider this sexy?

 

fat_lady.jpg

 

G'town is bad; Louisville is tough.

Nice win Cards! :clap::clap::clap:

I really thought G'town would turn things around in this one. Louisville started off hot, and stayed that way. Williams will be a heck of a bench player in the NBA..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.