Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UofL 76 Georgetown 58

Featured Replies

Well you two are SEC fans, and I am not....it's not hard to find where loyalty lies....the fact is, UT and GU have about the same records, and if GU were in the SEC, I feel confident they'd be in the tourney, I wouldn't dare say the same for UT, and the Big East.

 

And since UT is 2-0 in the Big East you have absolutely no proof of that so we'll just have to agree to disagree. The point of all this is who was the most disappointing team this season and since UT lost Chris Lofton, Ramar Smith, JuJuan Smith and Duke Crews and is still alive while Georgetown is done barring a Big East Tourney miracle I think the answer is clear.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
ESPN reported them at #3 during the telecast. I just rewatched it on TiVo. Again, not that it matters.

 

I saw that too, ESPN's RPI and power ranking always differ from the real RPI site though, for some odd reason.

The Marq. win was easily their best win, and it was in ...... November. They have failed to impress since then, IMO.

 

But I have to give it to them....though I can see how UT matches up with Marquette there's no inside presence with either team, and that's why I feel that Marquette will stumble down the stretch and they won't be considered nearly as impressive a win now, as it was then.

And since UT is 2-0 in the Big East you have absolutely no proof of that so we'll just have to agree to disagree. The point of all this is who was the most disappointing team this season and since UT lost Chris Lofton, Ramar Smith, JuJuan Smith and Duke Crews and is still alive while Georgetown is done barring a Big East Tourney miracle I think the answer is clear.

 

If that makes you feel good so be it.....but you're comparing apples and pianos.

  • Author
And since UT is 2-0 in the Big East you have absolutely no proof of that so we'll just have to agree to disagree. The point of all this is who was the most disappointing team this season and since UT lost Chris Lofton, Ramar Smith, JuJuan Smith and Duke Crews and is still alive while Georgetown is done barring a Big East Tourney miracle I think the answer is clear.

 

G-town lost a lot too. Hibbert, Ewing and Wallace are hard to replace. But I agree with you all, G-town is more disappointing than UT. However, it's fair to say they are both a disapointment.

The Marq. win was easily their best win, and it was in ...... November. They have failed to impress since then, IMO.

 

And Georgetown has done exactly what in conference? They're 5-10, right?

 

According to RP Marquette is a shell of a team right now but they beat Georgetown what, on Friday? So I guess Georgetown isn't even a shell of a team. I think the discussion was who was the biggest disappointment and with UT losing Lofton, JuJuan Smith, Ramar Smith and Crews I think the Hoyas had much more hype coming into the year.

If that makes you feel good so be it.....but you're comparing apples and pianos.

 

Let's here you rationale for the apples to pianos comparison. Don't just throw something out there. I've supported my position with scores and records. What are you basing your position on? I'd love to hear it.

G-town lost a lot too. Hibbert, Ewing and Wallace are hard to replace. But I agree with you all, G-town is more disappointing than UT. However, it's fair to say they are both a disapointment.

 

I just now saw this post and it looks like we agree. :thumb: I didn't mean to threadjack but I think Georgetown has to be considered a much bigger disappointment than UT. :thumb:

  • Author
And Georgetown has done exactly what in conference? They're 5-10, right?

 

According to RP Marquette is a shell of a team right now but they beat Georgetown what, on Friday? So I guess Georgetown isn't even a shell of a team. I think the discussion was who was the biggest disappointment and with UT losing Lofton, JuJuan Smith, Ramar Smith and Crews I think the Hoyas had much more hype coming into the year.

 

 

I will have to disagree with you though, G-town was not hyped more than UT, and they lost just as much talent.

 

BTW, Tenn was ranked higher to start the season: see it here

 

IMO, UCLA has been a big disapointment, and I am a big fan of them.

I think Georgetown has to be considered a much bigger disappointment than UT.
Why, because of pre-season rankings an un-reasonable expectations put on a freshman? If so, you are right, they are WAY more dis-appointing. IMO, Georgetown has been hit by the buzzsaw of playing in a mega-conference. One that I thinks benefits few to be in. IF they were in a lesser conference, they go dancing.
  • Author
Why, because of pre-season rankings an un-reasonable expectations put on a freshman? If so, you are right, they are WAY more dis-appointing. IMO, Georgetown has been hit by the buzzsaw of playing in a mega-conference. One that I thinks benefits few to be in. IF they were in a lesser conference, they go dancing.

 

I think they would obviously have a better record if they were in the SEC, Big 12, Pac 10 etc. But they aren't, and they haven't beat the teams they should've beat in the Big East this season. They haven't lived up to expectations.

I will have to disagree with you though, G-town was not hyped more than UT, and they lost just as much talent.

 

BTW, Tenn was ranked higher to start the season: see it here

 

IMO, UCLA has been a big disapointment, and I am a big fan of them.

I wasn't sure, but I thought maybe....

I will have to disagree with you though, G-town was not hyped more than UT, and they lost just as much talent.

 

BTW, Tenn was ranked higher to start the season: see it here

 

IMO, UCLA has been a big disapointment, and I am a big fan of them.

 

But UT is only 1 game out of getting a bye in the conference tourney while Georgetown is one game away from not even MAKING their conference tourney.

I think they would obviously have a better record if they were in the SEC, Big 12, Pac 10 etc. But they aren't, and they haven't beat the teams they should've beat in the Big East this season. They haven't lived up to expectations.

 

I agree with that....but I do think wins over Memphis, UConn, and the 'Cuse, at this time are better than Marquette, and Georgetown (funny, I know)...

But UT is only 1 game out of getting a bye in the conference tourney while Georgetown is one game away from not even MAKING their conference tourney.

 

Everyone makes the Big East tourney.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.