Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UofL 76 Georgetown 58

Featured Replies

Fine, but 16-10 with that SOS, and two embarassing losses to the #64ish RPI team, is not good whatsover...

 

#1 SOS goes a long way so I don't want to here the 'awful conference' argument.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So UT is 4-6 against the current RPI top 50.....and have lost 4 games to RPI teams 60 and worse.

#1 SOS goes a long way so I don't want to here the 'awful conference' argument.

 

Do you really think that #1 ranking came from playing teams ranked:

 

209

61

44

97

33

41

127

87

97

65

 

Come on?

So UT is 4-6 against the current RPI top 50.....and have lost 4 games to RPI teams 60 and worse.

 

Joe L has them as a 9 seed right now.

IMO, Notre Dame has a better shot at making the dance than Georgetown...I will concede Marquette was a good win, but in the next two weeks we'll see how a good a win it was......I think it'll hurt Marquette more than it helps UT, they are a shell of a team right now.

 

I can say that......but let's look at where G-Town and Marquette are now.....Let's look at where UConn, Syracuse, and Memphis are.....which one's are more impressive?

 

Memphis is playing in one of the worst leagues in the entire country and they beat Tennesse by 2 points. Tennessee in turn beat Georgetown which should at worst negate the Georgetown win over Memphis. Since we're talking about where teams are now the Vols also have a win against Siena, which is only ranked 2 spots below Syracuse in the RPI. And as for where Marquette is now, I'd say 12-2 in the deepest conference is pretty impressive. And since we're talking about a shell of a team hasn't UConn been less than impressive since the loss of Dyson? UT also has wins against SEC East Co-Leaders South Carolina and Florida. Georgetown has been much more of a disappointment than UT.

Memphis is playing in one of the worst leagues in the entire country and they beat Tennesse by 2 points. Tennessee in turn beat Georgetown which should at worst negate the Georgetown win over Memphis. Since we're talking about where teams are now the Vols also have a win against Siena, which is only ranked 2 spots below Syracuse in the RPI. And as for where Marquette is now, I'd say 12-2 in the deepest conference is pretty impressive. And since we're talking about a shell of a team hasn't UConn been less than impressive since the loss of Dyson? UT also has wins against SEC East Co-Leaders South Carolina and Florida. Georgetown has been much more of a disappointment than UT.

 

:thumb:

Joe L has them as a 9 seed right now.

 

That's in that goofy bracketology this week, he also has GU in this week, next week, I venture neither will make it.

  • Author

Georgetown has the #2 schedule, and it was number 1 entering today. Not that it matters...

So UT is 4-6 against the current RPI top 50.....and have lost 4 games to RPI teams 60 and worse.

 

And Georgetown is 3-8...Your point is?

Georgetown has the #2 schedule, and it was number 1 entering today. Not that it matters...

 

ESPN reported them at #3 during the telecast. I just rewatched it on TiVo. Again, not that it matters.

Memphis is playing in one of the worst leagues in the entire country and they beat Tennesse by 2 points. Tennessee in turn beat Georgetown which should at worst negate the Georgetown win over Memphis. Since we're talking about where teams are now the Vols also have a win against Siena, which is only ranked 2 spots below Syracuse in the RPI. And as for where Marquette is now, I'd say 12-2 in the deepest conference is pretty impressive. And since we're talking about a shell of a team hasn't UConn been less than impressive since the loss of Dyson? UT also has wins against SEC East Co-Leaders South Carolina and Florida. Georgetown has been much more of a disappointment than UT.

 

:thumb:

 

Well you two are SEC fans, and I am not....it's not hard to find where loyalty lies....the fact is, UT and GU have about the same records, and if GU were in the SEC, I feel confident they'd be in the tourney, I wouldn't dare say the same for UT, and the Big East.

  • Author
Memphis is playing in one of the worst leagues in the entire country and they beat Tennesse by 2 points. Tennessee in turn beat Georgetown which should at worst negate the Georgetown win over Memphis. Since we're talking about where teams are now the Vols also have a win against Siena, which is only ranked 2 spots below Syracuse in the RPI. And as for where Marquette is now, I'd say 12-2 in the deepest conference is pretty impressive. And since we're talking about a shell of a team hasn't UConn been less than impressive since the loss of Dyson? UT also has wins against SEC East Co-Leaders South Carolina and Florida. Georgetown has been much more of a disappointment than UT.

 

The Marq. win was easily their best win, and it was in ...... November. They have failed to impress since then, IMO.

Well you two are SEC fans, and I am not....it's not hard to find where loyalty lies....the fact is, UT and GU have about the same records, and if GU were in the SEC, I feel confident they'd be in the tourney, I wouldn't dare say the same for UT, and the Big East.

 

My favorite team is in the SEC, but I know how down it is this year.

ESPN reported them at #3 during the telecast. I just rewatched it on TiVo. Again, not that it matters.

 

Sportsline has it #2....so that's mere semantics.

The Marq. win was easily their best win, and it was in ...... November. They have failed to impress since then, IMO.

 

It is going to be a HUGE part of them making it if they do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.