Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 54 Campbell County 46

Featured Replies

Final

Edited by STRIKE3
edit Title to proper format (County)

Wow...somewhat surprised. Nice win for the Cats.

Nice. I think it had been a while since they have beaten Campbell. Might be Coach Russells first win over his alma mater.

Newport is always going to be a hard win as athletic as they are. They have beaten some good teams this year.

Is Campbell still without the big post player?

IMO Campbell doesn't match up with quick/athletic teams. At any time, Campbell has three really athletic kids on the floor, but usually two slower/bigger kids. This score doesn't surprise me mostly bc Newport was probably able to get the ball out and run a little bit, which probably hurt CCHS. I could be wrong though.

I wouldnt call Newport the quickest team to be quite honest. Darnell at 6'5 and McDaniel at 6'4 arent what you would call quick players. They have slashers and then the 2 big kids that I mentioned but no lightning quick kids. Sounds like the CATS just simply took it to the Camels. Congrats on the big win.

 

This Newport team is one I predicted as a darkhorse before the season started and they scare me as a Highlands fan come Districts.

Nice win Newport. I will not be shocked when they knock off Highlands in the district.

Nice win for the Cats. Campbell County usually has a solid team but I believe this is an off year for them. I agree with gryche11 in the fact that Newport isn't one of the quickest teams this year. Darnell and McDaniels are not very fast but they do have good size and power under the rim. IMO I just don't see Newport knocking off Highlands in the districts this year. Highlands is too well coached, discipline and an overall rounded team. It seems to have been either Highlands or NewCath winning the districts for the past few years.

Is Campbell still without the big post player?

 

Were any BGPers there? I can't find any details on the game.

Is Campbell still without the big post player?

 

Senior Petey Albrecht led Campbell County with 14 points.

Campbell shot the ball very badly and were outplayed from the start. The Albrecht kid played decent and it seemed that Nearl was hobbling around a lot of the game. Ankle injury? One player for Newport had a couple nice throw downs. Newport has a nice team and plays hard.

Nice win for the Wildcats!

Nice win Newport. I will not be shocked when they knock off Highlands in the district.

 

Pretty bold statement considering Highlands already beat them by 19 earlier in the year.....wishful thinking my friend. The 36th still runs through the Birds.

Pretty bold statement considering Highlands already beat them by 19 earlier in the year.....wishful thinking my friend. The 36th still runs through the Birds.

 

Disagree with the 36th going through the Birds. NCC will be the favorite to win this. They beat Highlands on their home floor. The district being at NCC should play in their favor as well. Newport has come along way this year. I think the cats will beat the birds with Darnell having a huge game.

 

On another note, what happened to the Camels? Everytime I long on, I see them losing to someone.:idunno:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.