Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 St. Xavier

Featured Replies

What does St. Xavier need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, X loses 46 seniors off last year's team including 9 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense.This happens each year. The senior class to be has a lot of talent and many of them had plenty of playing time last year. As usual, X will field a very competitive team.

What does St. Xavier need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

 

Beat Trinity in December.

Beat Trinity in December.

 

Well said, it seems you guys have every other base covered. Any definitive word yet on the varsity staff resignations alluded to in the frosh thread?

If everything goes right should be a top 15-20 team.

Based on what their name alone? Both X & T have the reputation each year to make the top 25 each season but who are the players that are going to carry the Tigers next season?

Based on what their name alone? Both X & T have the reputation each year to make the top 25 each season but who are the players that are going to carry the Tigers next season?

 

I was assuming he meant 15-20th nationally...

I was assuming he meant 15-20th nationally...

I meant Top 25 Nationally.

So what do think the starting lineup will look like?

I was assuming he meant 15-20th nationally...

 

Sorry, I meant in the state.

^ No reason to sandbag.....I think X has the potential to be 14-0 come the final game, but I think that Daylen has to be everywhere for them to get over the top. Any word on how much they will look to use him?

Beat Trinity in December.

 

If the KHSAA monkeys with the playoff pairings like they are considering, then Trinity and St. X would have the rematch in November. :banana:

 

St. X should de-emphasize the October meeting with the Rocks. Of course, Coach Glaser has the longest stint as head coach at the same school in Jefferson County , so who are we to make suggestions. :notworthy:

 

Buehner at QB. Beach at LB. Neal at RB. Brohm may see some TE or FB action. They ought to make him a LB. Hall is dangerous at wideout, tailback or safety. Let's see, the Irish name from the west end of town, McMurray? He's another talented offensive weapon. Yes, many new faces in the starting lineup. The competition in practice is better than most Fridays. :taz:

 

I understand Coach Wagoner has left the program. He was an outstanding coach for many years. I haven't confirmed the other two.:walk:

 

Honestly, the Tigers must toughen up the schedule a little more. I undertand you can't help the district situation. Central will play tough for a quarter and then reality will set in. Same with Manual and Male. Ballard still hasn't shown the ability to get over the top against the "green teams". They will be improved. :popcorn:

 

I suppose many Xaverians are taking time off from posting here to pick up their fallen tree limbs. :D

Sometimes I think we need to show an exercise in humility when it comes to others, particularly a stout fow, that has no doubt reloaded, and has an enormous chip on their shoulder.

^ No reason to sandbag.....I think X has the potential to be 14-0 come the final game, but I think that Daylen has to be everywhere for them to get over the top. Any word on how much they will look to use him?

 

Tough early schedule for a team losing a ton of talent due to graduation. Cincy X will be a tough challenge for a team lacking experience early in the season. Through Trinity into the mix and things get really interesting. As for Daylen, :idunno: I am sure Coach Glaser will do whats best for the program. If Daylen does gets cut in baseball he will consentrate on track. His goal is the mid 4.3's for his junior season. Daylen is already being recruited by Louisville,Kentucky and several other D-1 schools. Neal should have a huge year, and lets not forget about Montano. Beech,Lawson and Snelling should make for a pretty formidable LB core. Secondary should be strong with Sears and Hall at safety. McMurray needs to be on the field. If not back then Wr or DB. QB position is solid. Buener and Leohnert will be a strong combo. If Brohm sticks at QB, then X will be three strong at QB. Even with all of the talent X has in the so call "skilled" position, a State Championship will hinge on how well the O-D lines perform. In my opinon, football games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage. Should be a very interesting year to be a St.X fan.:popcorn:

 

 

 

I understand Coach Wagoner has left the program. He was an outstanding coach for many years. I haven't confirmed the other two.:walk:

 

 

 

 

How is this possible??? I thought you knew everything. :lol::lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.