Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anderson County 55 McCreary Central 35

Featured Replies

This team is extremely, extremely young.
By extremely young, I thought you meant McCreary was surrounding Watts with underclassmen. Three juniors and a senior isn't "extremely, extremely young" ...
  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One senior on entire team.

 

Shrock - Senior

Watts - Junior

Wright - Junior

Roark - Junior

Dixon - Sophomore/Junior?

 

Honestly, I haven't watched too many games. Only Watts played any time at all last year. I think they CAN compete with nearly anyone. Will they? I don't know. They aren't used to this competition outside of Watts.

 

For someone that didn't play at all last year Roark sure scored a lot. Here's just a quick glance over some of the posts from last season:

 

The Raiders moved onto 2-0 with a win in Somerset at the SNB/FCA Classic against Casey County. The Raiders were led in scoring by two freshmen.

 

The Radiers led by 6 at the half and led 59-47 after three.

 

Scoring:

Zack Roark led the Raiders 25.Watts had 18.

Hale, Swiger, and Phillips had 10, 9, and 8 respectivly.

 

K. Jeffries led Casey Co. with 22.

 

This was a very physical game.

 

McCreary only led 9-3 at the end of the first quarter, but outscored the Indians 74-31 to end the game.

 

The Indians had ten players in the scoring column, led by Duncan with 7.

 

The Raiders had eleven players in the scoring column led by Watts with 26 and Roark with 13.

 

Last season, the Raiders escaped with a 59-58 win at Oneida due to very poor officiating.

 

Refs completely stole this game from Southwestern.

:lol:

 

Actually I am just trying to get SSF's blood pressure up. The refs called a good game.

 

This game was won by the best team. Robert Jones has a bunch down there that can shoot lights out. They play hard and will give Lincoln Co. all they want.

 

 

Watts had 25, Phillips had 19 and Roark had 12 to lead the Raiders.

 

 

Trevor Jones had 21 to lead SW.

 

 

Sounds like he actually got a lot of clock to me.

Especially when those juniors have got a lot of clock over the past couple of years.

 

Dixon is a sophomore.

 

Where exactly did these juniors get a lot of clock from?

 

Dixon played exactly ZERO minutes last year in the varsity level.

Wright played exactly TWENTY-FIVE minutes last year in the varsity level.

Schrock played exactly ZERO minutes last year at the varsity level.

 

When you know the status of these players, feel free to continue to discuss the youth of them. These players have nearly zero time playing, and all three combined didn't play a complete game (minutes wise) last year.

 

I honestly have nothing to prove. This is a young team, and it shows.

 

Sorry, AJG. I left out Roark. He played time, but didn't start at all.

 

Watts and Roark are the only two. But please, since Somerset hasn't done anything all year, disect everything I have posted.

Where exactly did these juniors get a lot of clock from?

 

Dixon played exactly ZERO minutes last year in the varsity level.

Wright played exactly TWENTY-FIVE minutes last year in the varsity level.

Schrock played exactly ZERO minutes last year at the varsity level.

 

When you know the status of these players, feel free to continue to discuss the youth of them. These players have nearly zero time playing, and all three combined didn't play a complete game (minutes wise) last year.

 

I honestly have nothing to prove. This is a young team, and it shows.

 

Sorry, AJG. I left out Roark. He played time, but didn't start at all.

 

Watts and Roark are the only two. But please, since Somerset hasn't done anything all year, disect everything I have posted.

 

The thread has nothing to do with Somerset. Roark was mentioned A LOT last season and I just wanted to make sure it was the same kid because he seemed to score in double figures a lot and a quick search turned up that a Roark DID score a lot last year and you said that ONLY Watts had any playing time. Somerset has done just fine, they've only got 3 less wins than the Preseason Regional Favorite Raiders after graduating 10 seniors and only having 1 player that got any playing time this season. I've really not watched many varsity games this season--my son is on the freshman team and outside of about 5-6 home games I haven't seen the Jumpers much this season. They've got a lot of good young players too--their freshman just won the 47th District Tourney this weekend for the 2nd straight season (without Townsend who plays only varsity) so I'm not upset with their record. McCreary still has a chance to get it together and make it to the Region but then again Somerset has a chance to do the same thing. I have a feeling that at the end of the Regional Tourney they'll both have to buy tickets to watch the games at Rupp. As for the youth, how come it didn't hurt them early when they were 6-1? Looks like they would be getting better with experience, not worse.

The thread has nothing to do with Somerset. Roark was mentioned A LOT last season and I just wanted to make sure it was the same kid because he seemed to score in double figures a lot and a quick search turned up that a Roark DID score a lot last year and you said that ONLY Watts had any playing time. Somerset has done just fine, they've only got 3 less wins than the Preseason Regional Favorite Raiders after graduating 10 seniors and only having 1 player that got any playing time this season. I've really not watched many varsity games this season--my son is on the freshman team and outside of about 5-6 home games I haven't seen the Jumpers much this season. They've got a lot of good young players too--their freshman just won the 47th District Tourney this weekend for the 2nd straight season (without Townsend who plays only varsity) so I'm not upset with their record. McCreary still has a chance to get it together and make it to the Region but then again Somerset has a chance to do the same thing. I have a feeling that at the end of the Regional Tourney they'll both have to buy tickets to watch the games at Rupp. As for the youth, how come it didn't hurt them early when they were 6-1? Looks like they would be getting better with experience, not worse.

 

I really meant nothing about Somerset. I apologize.

 

McCreary graduated 7 seniors last year and only Roark and Watts return with significant experience.

 

I think they did well earlier because they were playing on a high. I think youth can be a double-pronged swoard. They are too youthful to understand things and they play well. And then, sometimes, their youthfulness comes and bites them. Both Somerset and McCreary should be much improved next year. McCreary has had a tough schedule this year, and it doesn't get much easier. Losses to Catholic, Trinity, PCC, Anderson, and Lincoln, among others is probably a step in the right direction to help them become battle tested in the post season, or next season. I think McCreary is capable of making it to Rupp. But they just aren't playing well, and if they don't get it turned around, then they won't make the region tournament at all.

 

Best of luck to Somerset and McCreary.

 

p.s. I'm finished arguing with all about McCreary/Anderson. :isurrender:

I wouldn't consider McCreary struggling.

 

Anderson Co. is just that much better than McCreary Co. Games are a little tougher outside the 12th.

I don't believe that the 8th is any tougher than the 12th region. Mercer gave Anderson everything that they wanted earlier in the year. There's not much to crow about for either region, IMO.

In my own personal opinion, I have seen Anderson and McCreary play several times each this season. Anderson is already the front runner for thier region and have been the whole season. McCreary flip flops with many other good teams in the 12th. Although I do believe McCreary could've performed better against Anderson, I do know there is a reason BGP ranked them 18 in the state. As for McCreary, they have one of the hardest scheduels outside of the Lville or Lexington schools. I hope this helps them dance all the way to Rupp along with Anderson Co.

 

Good Luck to both McCreary Central and Anderson Co!

 

:dancingpa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RUPP ARENA

I would have to agree, and Anderson Co. is missing one of their key players aren't they?

 

Anderson's missing their big kid, Humphries, who's done for the year, so this win is even more impressive in that context.

 

I don't think McC could take more than a couple from Anderson in a ten game series...and that in no way is taking anything from McC or meaning any disrespect.

 

That said, AlwaysAScottie is right; the 12th can compete with the 8th. Although I broadcast the 8th Region and am definitely pro-8th, the region is definitely very much down this season. Shelby and Oldham - the two traditional powers - are struggling, and Owen County - expected to contend - has never fired this year. Simon Kenton is very young and inconsistent and Gallatin has not lived up to expectations. The 8th appears to be a two-horse race between Anderson and North Oldham with Grant County lurking as a possible dark horse.

 

FYI...the "series" this year between the 12th and 8th stands at 9-6 in favor of the 8th...pretty competitive... Five of the six 12th region wins have been won by the top 3 teams in the 12th (Garrard 3 wins, E. & W. Jessamine one apiece) The 8th Region wins have been a bit more across the board. In the only games in which a top-5 team (strictly looking at records) from one region played a top-tier team in the other: Anderson County defeated Garrard by 15 and Grant County defeated E. Jessamine by 10, while Garrard beat Grant by 9.

Anderson's missing their big kid, Humphries, who's done for the year, so this win is even more impressive in that context.

 

Humphries was more of a 6th or 7th man. He had his hit and miss days. Some games he saw lots of playing time while others never entered the game.

Where exactly did these juniors get a lot of clock from?

 

Dixon played exactly ZERO minutes last year in the varsity level.

Wright played exactly TWENTY-FIVE minutes last year in the varsity level.

Schrock played exactly ZERO minutes last year at the varsity level.

 

When you know the status of these players, feel free to continue to discuss the youth of them. These players have nearly zero time playing, and all three combined didn't play a complete game (minutes wise) last year.

 

I honestly have nothing to prove. This is a young team, and it shows.

 

Sorry, AJG. I left out Roark. He played time, but didn't start at all.

 

Watts and Roark are the only two. But please, since Somerset hasn't done anything all year, disect everything I have posted.

 

Junior(s)

 

Watts and Roark....

 

Not to mention the 20 plus game this year for the whole team.

Anderson's missing their big kid, Humphries, who's done for the year, so this win is even more impressive in that context.

 

I don't think McC could take more than a couple from Anderson in a ten game series...and that in no way is taking anything from McC or meaning any disrespect.

 

That said, AlwaysAScottie is right; the 12th can compete with the 8th. Although I broadcast the 8th Region and am definitely pro-8th, the region is definitely very much down this season. Shelby and Oldham - the two traditional powers - are struggling, and Owen County - expected to contend - has never fired this year. Simon Kenton is very young and inconsistent and Gallatin has not lived up to expectations. The 8th appears to be a two-horse race between Anderson and North Oldham with Grant County lurking as a possible dark horse.

 

FYI...the "series" this year between the 12th and 8th stands at 9-6 in favor of the 8th...pretty competitive... Five of the six 12th region wins have been won by the top 3 teams in the 12th (Garrard 3 wins, E. & W. Jessamine one apiece) The 8th Region wins have been a bit more across the board. In the only games in which a top-5 team (strictly looking at records) from one region played a top-tier team in the other: Anderson County defeated Garrard by 15 and Grant County defeated E. Jessamine by 10, while Garrard beat Grant by 9.

 

Good stuff! I forgot about Anderson whipping Garrard earlier in the year. Anderson would be the favorite if they played in the 12th but other than that I see these 2 regions as being even this year.

I don't consider East Jessamine a top three team in the 12th region. To me it's pretty clearly Lincoln, Garrard, West Jess. in what ever order you want to put them. E Jess falls somewhere in the next group that includes Mercer, Wayne, McCreary and as of late even Danville.

Humphries was more of a 6th or 7th man. He had his hit and miss days. Some games he saw lots of playing time while others never entered the game.

 

I think you'll find that Humphries played in all but two games until he was injured. He was pretty much the first guy off the bench. At 6-7, 223, he's a load down low, averaging 7.4 ppg and 5 boards. He shot 56% from the floor (of course, most were close-in shots, but the bottom line is, he finished them)

 

The loss of Humphries is very significant to Anderson, as they prefer to play Penny out on the floor.

I hear Humphries is back in practice, and is planning on playing this weekend.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.