Everything posted by kentucky_wildcat
-
Wolfe County Junior Guard Scores 52 pts!
Wolfe County Junior Guard, Sawyer Denniston scores 52 in game against Menifee County on Tuesday night. He hit 20 of 26 from the floor, 11 of 15 from the line along with 13 rebounds and 5 steals. Way to go Sawyer and way to go Wolves! :ylsuper::banana::banana::banana::banana::ylsuper: You can view this article at: http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/2011/01/06/a-50-point-effort/
-
Montgomery County/Clark County Updates
Lets go Indians!
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
I hear ya! They really should have better concessions there. I still believe Breathitt County's dome has the best concession stand. Funnel Cakes, hot dogs, and such, but mainly great Funnel Cakes. As regional play heats up, who else has a great Concession stand?
-
Aaron Watts surpasses the 3000 point mark!
Congrats to a well deserved young man! I hope to see the Raiders at Rupp!
-
Tennessee Moving to Six Classes in Basketball, Could Kentucky be Next?
I certainly see the pros and cons of both sides of the coin. On one side, we have tradition, while on the other we have inequalities. Years ago, the majority of schools were similar in size, but that is no longer the case. In an era of putting the students first, wouldn't a class system be a value-added approach? Giving each school a better opportunity to compete at the state level. I agree that if Football is classed, then everything else should be too. I can't imagine the large St. X's of the 'ville playing the smaller mountain teams of Hazard at the state championship football game. I believe basketball is about the love of the game and kids. I for one would return to coaching at a small school where basketball is more nostaligic like "Hoosiers". Also, a class system will allow more kids to enjoy the game we all hold dear. Change often collides with traditions, as will it here, but evolution is imminent. :popcorn:
-
McCreary Central / Wayne County Predictions 1/5/2010
McCreary 67-62.
-
Jody Demling article on Vinny Zollo
I have to agree. Zollo has really improved since last year! Best of luck to him!
-
McCreary Central 55 Seneca 50
Indeed, Watts is easily one of the best guards around. Good job Raiders and keep on rollin'! :banana:
-
Republic Bank Classic
Does anyone have the schedule for the Republic Bank Classic? :idunno:
-
Hazard/West Jessamine Updates
What is your link to that website?
-
Webcasts of the Boys Sweet Sixteen.
Does anyone know where these games will be on webcast? The links through KHSAA are not working. Please help those of us who can't be there to cheer our favorite team on!:taz:
-
Hazard/West Jessamine Updates
Anyone know where I can find this game online? The KHSAA link is not working
-
State Tournament Web Cast
If anyone knows where the Girls State Tournament Web Cast is, please post it here so those of use not lucky enough to go can still cheer for our teams at work! :banana:
-
McCreary Central @ Montgomery County 2/16
McCreary by 8
-
Jeffersontown 84 McCreary Central 71
- According to the KHSAA website, the score was 84-81. Both teams will be tough in the post season!
-
McCreary Central 84 Green County 59
McCreary has a big game that will answer alot of questions as they suit up in Mt. Sterling against the Indians on Tuesday night.
-
Player Statistics
Does anyone know where to find individual player stats other than newspapers? Thanks :taz:
-
Anderson County 55 McCreary Central 35
In my own personal opinion, I have seen Anderson and McCreary play several times each this season. Anderson is already the front runner for thier region and have been the whole season. McCreary flip flops with many other good teams in the 12th. Although I do believe McCreary could've performed better against Anderson, I do know there is a reason BGP ranked them 18 in the state. As for McCreary, they have one of the hardest scheduels outside of the Lville or Lexington schools. I hope this helps them dance all the way to Rupp along with Anderson Co. Good Luck to both McCreary Central and Anderson Co! :dancingpa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RUPP ARENA
-
Middle school kids starting varsity
Parents do have the right to hold students back. Although they may face resistance from administration because of this effecting test scores and academic index.:taz:
-
Republic Bank Christmas Tournament
Thanks for the information!!
-
Christmas Tournament Schedule
Could anyone post the different schedules for these tournaments? The times and such are wrong on khsaa.org. Thanks in advance! :dancingpa
-
Republic Bank Christmas Tournament
Could someone post this tournament information. Schedule and such. Thanks in advance! :dancingpa
-
Has Coach Lively Left Powell?
It appears so, Powell County has in fact posted the position as of today. Does anyone know where he took the position as principal?