Has Coach Lively Left Powell?

Has lively already been removed from coaching? I thought his teams played extremely hard for him and that says alot for a coach. It will be hard to believe that he has decided to walk away. I really hope it is not true.

Is he going to try to coach somewhere else or does he have to coach for Powell where they employee him? I know when I went to high school, I had an English teacher that coached at a rival school.

Edited by STRIKE3
to comply with Rule #13

I just heard that Coach Lively will be taking a Principals job and had to step down as coach. The Powell Co. Board has a policy that you can't do both. Is this true?

Alot of school systems have this policy...not sure on Powell's. maybe someone from Powell Co can fill us in.

Is he going to try to coach somewhere else or does he have to coach for Powell where they employee him? I know when I went to high school, I had an English teacher that coached at a rival school.

What?!?!

Several schools now have a policy about not mixing athletics and administration.

Alot of school systems have this policy...not sure on Powell's. maybe someone from Powell Co can fill us in.

I spoke with a Powell County supporter a few weeks ago and he said that Kyle had applied for a principal job. He also said that in their Board Policy administrators could not coach. This guy should know what he is talking about he is a big time supporter of Pirate Athletics.

I spoke with a Powell County supporter a few weeks ago and he said that Kyle had applied for a principal job. He also said that in their Board Policy administrators could not coach. This guy should know what he is talking about he is a big time supporter of Pirate Athletics.

I would think that Powell Co had the same policy.....thanks for the info.:thumb:

It appears so, Powell County has in fact posted the position as of today. Does anyone know where he took the position as principal?

Welcome to BGP kentucky_wildcat and be sure to visit the New Member forum....thumb[1].gif

New Member Forum

Read the "Everything a Rookie" thread and it will answer, any questions.

He has resigned as basketball coach and taken the principal post at Stanton Elementary in the Powell Co. system. Who knows what the clowns and circus will do for a coach? I am not for coaches being administrators but this should have been an exception this late in the game. School starts in 5 days!

He has resigned as basketball coach and taken the principal post at Stanton Elementary in the Powell Co. system. Who knows what the clowns and circus will do for a coach? I am not for coaches being administrators but this should have been an exception this late in the game. School starts in 5 days!

He is young isn't he? He did a nice job as well. He must have been ready to get out of coaching.

Is he from that area?