2009 Raceland

Ram

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why has Jett Troxlers name not been mentioned at all in this thread yet?

I think Jett will be a nice addition, I am not sure where he will fit in yet, he could be anther RB or he could be at WR, maybe the slot receiver. It will interesting to see where ends up playing. I am excited to see him take the field.

There is so much potential with the 2009 Rams and so many options, that this is the first year in a while that I honestly don't know where everyone is going to play, there is a lot of possibilities.

I think Jett will be a nice addition, I am not sure where he will fit in yet, he could be anther RB or he could be at WR, maybe the slot receiver. It will interesting to see where ends up playing. I am excited to see him take the field.

There is so much potential with the 2009 Rams and so many options, that this is the first year in a while that I honestly don't know where everyone is going to play, there is a lot of possibilities.

The only thing hurting Jett is his inability to participate in spring practice. But we all know his ability and his potential.

I doubt you see it happen, though.:deadhorse:
Just making a true statement. A crowded backfield at Raceland, and major running offense at GC would have me rethinking things if I was him. He and Lyle in a wishbone would be nothing new, and it was always a great combination.

I've noticed a lot of comments in a few threads on here about Greenup County players transferring to Raceland. How many players on Raceland's 2009 team are transfers? How about on last year's Raceland team? I'm just curious.

All of them:lol: Just giving you guys a hard time...

The only thing hurting Jett is his inability to participate in spring practice. But we all know his ability and his potential.

He does have ability and potential. But potential is just that...you have to really want it, not just the glory part, but want to work and practice at it. I am not sure the dedication is really there based on some things/attitude I have seen in the past.

This happens to alot of "talent" as they progress from middle school/Freshman ball to Varsity. The practices are harder, take up much of the summer, and some kids just don't want to spend the extra time and effort. If things came so easily to them in the past, they sometimes have problems adjusting. JMO!

I've noticed a lot of comments in a few threads on here about Greenup County players transferring to Raceland. How many players on Raceland's 2009 team are transfers? How about on last year's Raceland team? I'm just curious.

The players from last years team were all home grown boys that went to Raceland since kindergarten. That is started varsity. Only one kid and we were very happy to get was the Swede. Great kid, and only a junior. Maybe we will have him one more year. Next years team will have a few transfers. Not sure how many. I look for the Rams to be pretty good. We will have to wait and see. They seem to be working hard in the weight room. :p

He does have ability and potential. But potential is just that...you have to really want it, not just the glory part, but want to work and practice at it. I am not sure the dedication is really there based on some things/attitude I have seen in the past.

This happens to alot of "talent" as they progress from middle school/Freshman ball to Varsity. The practices are harder, take up much of the summer, and some kids just don't want to spend the extra time and effort. If things came so easily to them in the past, they sometimes have problems adjusting. JMO!

Your are right and not only with the things you mentioned but I remember quite a few times that he has been injured or out for the rest of a season. IMO it seems like he gets hurt quite a bit.I know in the past he has had a broke collar bone and right before he transferred from Greenup his arm was in a sling and did not practice for quite some time.

The players from last years team were all home grown boys that went to Raceland since kindergarten. That is started varsity. Only one kid and we were very happy to get was the Swede. Great kid, and only a junior. Maybe we will have him one more year. Next years team will have a few transfers. Not sure how many. I look for the Rams to be pretty good. We will have to wait and see. They seem to be working hard in the weight room. :p

What you said was true HCT. From what I find is that it seems like very year (or just about every year) there are rumors going around about transfers with a very few of them actually happening. I understand that there are some this school (not sure how many, 2 or 3 .."maybe") from GCHS coming in but that imo remains to be seen. Jeremy Barr is already here, enrolled and playing basketball, will be playing baseball and is good to go for football.

There are some requirements that have to be met before a transfer is o.k. to play. A lot of the people imo are not aware of that and just automatically talk transfer. I honestly do not like to talk about any transfer or possible transfer just bc of that. I welcome any kid that wants to come to Raceland and play. I just would rather discuss them when they are in enrolled in school, have been cleared and are on the field practicing and are officially a Ram.:thumb:

As for this years team, imo the Rams will be fine and have another very good season. Probably not as good as last year but still a good football team. This years "team" has to be just that.....a "team", last years team was a "band of brothers" and ALL worked towards one goal and that was winning and not caring who was the star.

Raceland has several kids from last seasons very sucsessfull (8-1) JV team that gained alot of varsity experience as well by getting quite a bit of varsity playing time due to Raceland had alot of the games well in hand very early and the JV played a big percentage of the 2nd halves in several games.

I am looking foward to another year of Ram Football!

I can see Jett coming back if Hampton and Licthium plays football. I don't think it is out of the question.:D

I can't use the quote from Jett, but his answer was explicably, NO WAY!!!!:thumb: He loves the orange and black. Looks like he has put on some muscle, too.