2009 Raceland

Ram

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't you guys have someone transfering in from the other side of the state, who went to a large school?

Jeremy Barr, a junior from Central Hardin. He has transferred and is eligible and playing basketball currently. He was the leading rusher and receiver for them and led the team in touchdowns.

Jeremy Barr, a junior from Central Hardin. He has transferred and is eligible and playing basketball currently. He was the leading rusher and receiver for them and led the team in touchdowns.

Wow. Sounds like you will be able to fill many of the holes left by those graduating seniors.

Wow. Sounds like you will be able to fill many of the holes left by those graduating seniors.

I think we'll have 6 or 7 backs and 6 or 7 receivers and 7 lineman all vying for playing time. We won't have the returning names like we did last year or that LCA has, but competition will bring out the best in these guys and we'll find replacements! I just hope that all these guys continue to compete as they currently are in the weight room and with agilities.

I think Austin Johnson will step up and help on the line this year also.

I agree. Austin is only 15 years old and was just in my office yesterday and he is 6'4" and 255. Brian Caudill is a freshman who played a lot last year, too and he is 6'2" or 6'3" and close to 240. Cody Grant is 6'2" and 235ish. Rocky Jobe is 6' and 230ish. If they can get some weight on Cumpton, Bonzo and get some speed on Rodney Saylers 6'1" and 270ish, we are looking good on the line. All these guys will hit and wrap up. I can't wait until they get the pads on!

I agree on the line, with Grant, Compton, and Jobe returning we have a good start. Add in Austin Johnson, Brian Caudill, and Rodney Saylers and we will have good group with some other possible subs.

We have a good problem at RB, we have to many of them. Cody Kelly, Ralph Burchett, Jeremy Barr, Michael Litteral, Dillon Skaggs, and some others that I am sure I am leaving out will all be fighting for two positions.

At receiver, we may have some competition, with Bobby McKee taking one slot, and the other two will be a fight with Loran Huffman, who showed some ability last year, Sam Heineman, Patrick Hamiliton, Scotty Craft, Danial Jones, Johny Shearer, Justin Ratcliff, and maybe Marcus Reed. Quite a few people competing for one or two positions.

I believe the defensive side of the ball will be key. If Coach Maynard and his crew get the defense to play with attitude, we could be very good. Line play and our linebackers should be solid. Will the defensive backfield step up? I certainly hope so. With the passing game of LCA and some other teams that run a spread, we'll need the DB's to step up and do well consistently.

I believe the defensive side of the ball will be key. If Coach Maynard and his crew get the defense to play with attitude, we could be very good. Line play and our linebackers should be solid. Will the defensive backfield step up? I certainly hope so. With the passing game of LCA and some other teams that run a spread, we'll need the DB's to step up and do well consistently.

I agree, the DL and LB's look pretty good, they just need to play with the attitude that we saw in 2008, the DB's, I think we may be alright, but they will have to mature some in the early season. I look for Bobby McKee to play the safety position, he would be a good fit and has the speed. The corner will be a fight for position, I think Loran Huffman is in position to take one corner, the other will have some competition with Danial Jones, Patrick Hamiliton, Marcus Reed, Ralph Burchett, and maybe a few others.

Our linebackers could be Cody Kelly, Jeremy Barr and maybe Brian Caudill. Can you imagine with Brian's speed and size playing in the middle?

I think that is a good group, but don't forget Michael Litteral, he could be at an OLB position and move Cody Kelley to MLB, and possibly have Barr at the OLB, with Caudill on the DL, his speed would be more of a factor on the DL.

I think that is a good group, but don't forget Michael Litteral, he could be at an OLB position and move Cody Kelley to MLB, and possibly have Barr at the OLB, with Caudill on the DL, his speed would be more of a factor on the DL.

Can't wait to see them all battle for positions and playing time!

Why has Jett Troxlers name not been mentioned at all in this thread yet?

Jett has yet to take the field since he transferred. We'll see if the year off hurt him or not. I can't wait to see him run behind Kelly and Barr. It'll be like running behind Riggins on Friday Night Lights. Jett told me how excited he is for July to get here so he can practice. (Not eligible until mid to late July.)