Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can a Senior..

Featured Replies

Is there any real rule that prohibits a senior from playing on the JV team?

Ive heard of it happening in baseball before. Not in basketball. I doubt there is a rule.

It can happen but I sure hope it doesn't.

I don't think there are any rules on JV sports, unless perhaps if it's in a tournament.

 

I've seen seniors play JV before when a small school is low in numbers.

Ive heard of it happening in baseball before. Not in basketball. I doubt there is a rule.
I've seen this used many a time...Not because the player(s) were bad but to teach a lesson. Imagine the egoistic parents:D

Well I have never seen this happen in any sport in my area that I can remember. (16th region) Therefore I just assumed that seniors couldn't play JV. If this has happened in my region recently could someone please give an example?:idunno:

Is there any real rule that prohibits a senior from playing on the JV team?

 

No rule in basketball, in football and soccer if 7th-8th graders are playing in the JV game they are not allowed to play against Juniors or Seniors.

No rule. I have seen a senior playing for the first time play JV up until January.

I believe it is more of an unwritten rule of coaching conduct. I have, however, seen it happen more than a few times in the sixteenth.

I believe it is more of an unwritten rule of coaching conduct. I have, however, seen it happen more than a few times in the sixteenth.

 

More less

Is there any real rule that prohibits a senior from playing on the JV team?

 

nope

No rule in basketball, in football and soccer if 7th-8th graders are playing in the JV game they are not allowed to play against Juniors or Seniors.

 

No rule against seniors playing JV, but there is a rule against middle school players!

No rule against seniors playing JV, but there is a rule against middle school players!

Not in basketball.

Bylaw 1. Responsibility for Eligibility

d) Pupils in grades 1-8 may play on the high school team if

such participation is not in conflict with Section ©

above, and the time so played shall not be counted on

the eight (8) semester limit. EXCEPTION: Students

below grade nine (9) may not participate on the varsity

team in contests in the sports of football or soccer, and

students enrolled below grade seven (7) may not

participate on the varsity level in wrestling. The

provisions of this restriction shall not apply to nonvarsity

teams participating in these sports.

Thanks Ram!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.