Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Point Guards - Who are the good ones?

Featured Replies

Shina Giwa from Holy Cross who has started since is sophomore year.

 

I would have to agree, but this year he has been down on his assists.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree, but this year he has been down on his assists.

 

This is where style of play comes into the equation. Holy Cross has long drawn out possessions and want a low scoring grind it out type of game. He is not going to have the number of assists that a PG might have from an up tempo type system.

Honestly, he is probably right around 5'11. Maybe 6'0 with shoes on. You have told me time and time again youre 5'10 lol. I know youre not 6'0, and if you were, if he was taller than you he'd be at what like 6'1 or 6'2? That would be a pretty legit height.

 

I still think Riley is the best PG around here. But his height is obviously what is keeping him from d1 looks.

 

5'10 without shoes. 5'11; 6'0 with shoes on. :D You don't always have to come in and break me down. :irked:;)

 

As far as Riley's height...he is a legit 6'0..POSSIBLY 6'1 (On a good day lol) because he's almost as tall as D. Johnson and Housely who are both 6'2.

 

I wouldn't say his height is keeping him from getting D1 looks though...Talking with several scouts, Riley will be a late one to hit the radar screen. :sssh:

I think we've had this discussion many times before. My vote then and now goes with Ethan Faulkner. He is a quarterback and coach on the floor. Tremendous passer on the move full speed, can finish at the rack or pull up and hit the jumper, plays whirlwind defense, and is the most spirited competitive young man you will find. Also a tremendous rebounder for a 6'1" guard. Hits clutch shots down the stretch and clutch free throws down the stretch. He is a tremendous leader on the floor.

 

Have I seen the others mentioned. Yes, all of them several times and my vote still goes with ET FALK............................

Ethan Faulkner is the best point guard I have watched this year, his desire and passion to win is what I think makes him better than any point guard in the state, oh and I about forgot to mention he plays for a decent team.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Riley is hands down the best PG in nky and IMO one of the top 3 in the state.

 

Shooting 50% from both the field and 3 point land:

FG- 48-95 (51%)

3PT FG- 25-48 (52%)

 

If there's another PG in the state that is shooting the ball that well, please let me know because IMO Riley is the best shooter in the state and the scouts that I've talked to tend to agree with me. The stats don't lie.

 

Averaging 11 PPG, 3 APG, and 3 RPG on a team filled with "stars'.

76% Free throw shooter

Great ball handler who doesn't commit many turnovers.

And most importantly, the floor general for the #1 team in the state.

 

 

I was thinking the same thing, except I thought it was Ethan Faulkner for Elliott County, after all they are ranked #1

Assist has got to be one of the most important stats for an stat for a point guard. No offense but an average of 3 is below average.

I was thinking the same thing, except I thought it was Ethan Faulkner for Elliott County, after all they are ranked #1

 

I'm somewhat confused by the first part of your post?

 

As far as EC being ranked #1? Depends on what poll you look at and actually put stock in....

 

Holmes is #1 in the BGP poll and now ranked #31 in the country...

 

EC is #5 in BGP and Maxpreps polls..

I believe this is the PG for Harrison Co. I seen him play a couple of games, and theres no way he should be mentioned as one of the top PG. Hes a good player, but doesnt compare to others on the list.

 

PS: They have him listed as a center on the roster on BGP.

 

 

Do you know his Dad's name? There were a couple of Custards from Harrison County that were very good players who I used to play ball with. They are probably about the right age to be his Dad - Billy and Dennis.

Do you know his Dad's name? There were a couple of Custards from Harrison County that were very good players who I used to play ball with. They are probably about the right age to be his Dad - Billy and Dennis.

 

Colonel? sorry...it's late.

Alot of you haven't seen him but Elisha Justice from Shelby Valley is up there. He is on pace to set the all time steals record in the state of Kentucky, and I feel safe in saying that he has as good of handles as anyone in the state...

Strange for Pineville High School. One of the top two or 3 Point Guards in the mountains.

 

I will agree with that totally. I think that he is one of the best in the state and I also think that he is the best in the mountains but he won't get the recognition because his team won't make it to Rupp like maybe some of the other mountain point gaurd will. The other point gaurd in the mountains is Whitaker from Hazard. I personally have seen them both play several times and I think that Strange is better.

I also believe that the competition level has to be involved. Riley battles against the big time schools in KY and he leads his team to victory by either hitting a key 3-pointer or distributing to the talent around him. Also, you would think that so many stars on one team would compete for the ball. This could be of Henley's coaching and keeping his players happy or it could be Riley distributing it equally throughout the team.

I also believe that the competition level has to be involved. Riley battles against the big time schools in KY and he leads his team to victory by either hitting a key 3-pointer or distributing to the talent around him. Also, you would think that so many stars on one team would compete for the ball. This could be of Henley's coaching and keeping his players happy or it could be Riley distributing it equally throughout the team.

 

:thumb:

 

I'd say it's a combination of Riley and R. Johnson both distributing the ball well. Both have 40+ assists. Competition definetly comes in to play and Riley isn't a stranger to having big games against good teams. 20 points on 6-8 shooting against pre season #1 speaks for itself.

 

I'd say Riley is the most talented pg in the state but might give the fundamentals edge to E. Faulkner. Riley has much more athleticism and is a better shooter IMO.

 

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Vee Sanford? He's the biggest prospect in KY for the PG position.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.