Speeding Ticket

Latch

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually when I did traffic school the guy who did ours was pretty entertaining. It was a long time, but it didn't drag like I thought it would.

That's the way mine was as well. It's been 7.5 years now, but I didn't remember it being all that bad. They showed a video that took up a good 25-50% of the time, then they gave a test on the stuff that chewed up another chunk. I breezed through it. About my only complaint about it was that because I got the ticket in Portland, TN, I had to drive down there to do it.

Its different in Kentucky. They show 3 videos that total about 15 minutes out of 4 hours and there is no test at the end. You get three 10-minute breaks and if you're 5 seconds late, they ask you to leave and your license gets suspended.

Well, I just finished up traffic school for a 16 MPH over ticket, myself. I must admit, that I would almost rather be tied down, beat with a whip, tarred, and feathered as to go to traffic school again. The good and bad:
So to read between the lines and you sugarcoated your thoughts, you didn't like it.

:D

Its different in Kentucky. They show 3 videos that total about 15 minutes out of 4 hours and there is no test at the end. You get three 10-minute breaks and if you're 5 seconds late, they ask you to leave and your license gets suspended.

Hmmm. Guess I lucked out.

I will have to get the information from my daughters boyfriend but there is something online. He just spent 4 hours in front of my computer the other night. It looked pretty painful even though it was online - watching videos and then answering questions. You had to score high enough to pass the course. He sat here for a good 3-4 hours. He had a speeding ticket as well.

I will have to get the information from my daughters boyfriend but there is something online. He just spent 4 hours in front of my computer the other night. It looked pretty painful even though it was online - watching videos and then answering questions. You had to score high enough to pass the course. He sat here for a good 3-4 hours. He had a speeding ticket as well.

That option also costs an additional $50.

I had a few of those idiots in my class just last week. This one woman kept raising her hand and asking questions as if she were going to get bonus points or something. With some of the people that were in there, I'm surprised she survived the first bathroom break :lol:

Get out! I was just thinking the exact same thing. I mean, you're not getting graded. Same thing with the people who take notes.:irked:

With that said, I loathe traffic school, but I am too cheap to pay the extra $50 to do it online. However, they do have a pretty entertaining(entertaining=low-budget, poorly-acted and excruciatingly stupid) video about road rage.

That's the way mine was as well. It's been 7.5 years now, but I didn't remember it being all that bad. They showed a video that took up a good 25-50% of the time, then they gave a test on the stuff that chewed up another chunk. I breezed through it. About my only complaint about it was that because I got the ticket in Portland, TN, I had to drive down there to do it.

If it was out of state, why did you have to go?:confused:

My roommate did it online. It's pretty brutal- you have to sit by the computer constantly clicking for what seems like more than 4 hours, and then you have a 3-question quiz (incredibly easy) every few minutes, but compared to the experiences above and my own time at traffic school, I'd do it online.

Get out! I was just thinking the exact same thing. I mean, you're not getting graded. Same thing with the people who take notes.:irked:

With that said, I loathe traffic school, but I am too cheap to pay the extra $50 to do it online. However, they do have a pretty entertaining(entertaining=low-budget, poorly-acted and excruciatingly stupid) video about road rage.

If it was out of state, why did you have to go?:confused:

I also noticed a couple of people taking notes as if they were in a college class or something. Watching people like that actually helped me get through the 4 hours.

I also found the road rage video to be pretty funny, but I didn't care much for the drunk driving video that involved a child getting hit by a drunk driver.