Speeding Ticket

Latch

I got a speeding ticket in Kenton County and was wondering if anyone has taken traffic school online. I was going 16mph over so I'm going to do traffic school but I was wondering if I could do it online. Any suggestions would be helpful, 1st speeding ticket ever.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just finished up traffic school for a 16 MPH over ticket, myself. I must admit, that I would almost rather be tied down, beat with a whip, tarred, and feathered as to go to traffic school again. The good and bad:

The good:

- the traffic school option costs less than paying the speeding fine

- it erases it from your record (as in - its as if it didn't even happen)

- your insurance won't raise if you complete traffic school

- it'll save you 6 points on your license if you go to traffic school

The bad (if you just pay the fine and don't go to traffic school):

- your insurance will skyrocket

- you'll only have 6 more points to play with on your license

- the fine is pretty hefty

The bad (if you go to traffic school):

- its 4 hours of Hades - and it lasts the entire 4 hours and there's no goofing off at all - all business

- you'll encounter a pretty "rough" crowd in traffic school

- it still costs money

- you are at the mercy of the schedule - you can reschedule once, but basically they tell you when to be there and you must be there or they suspend your license (I had to miss half the NCAA football championship game)

- Also, it costs an additional $50 if you wish to rent the video or do it online yourself

Hope this helps...

As the mother of teens I can tell you....there is no online traffic school. Traffic school is designed to make you suffer and from what I hear, they do a fine job. However, as stated above, if you do not go and suffer, you will suffer in other ways. Wireman has that pretty well spelled out.

As the mother of teens I can tell you....there is no online traffic school. Traffic school is designed to make you suffer and from what I hear, they do a fine job. However, as stated above, if you do not go and suffer, you will suffer in other ways. Wireman has that pretty well spelled out.

Yeah, it'll help you out and I would recommend it, but it would be more fun to have a root canal.

I was in traffic school once with the short reporter from Channel 19 who was sort of the "Howard Ain" type reporter. How's that for excitement!

Interesting crowd. Sort of like a mini-Wal Mart. All types.

HA yeah, they get a variety. Not too fun either.

As someone on probation that this current moment... I would definitely recommend traffic school for those who haven't even been issued it. I didn't think it was that bad to be honest. If I could go back and do it again I would've taken traffic school the first time I got a ticket. I get off probation the beginning of February, and I must say for almost the last year I haven't sped at all.

I took it once about 25 years ago. The funny thing was the instructor was someone I had made his partial dentures. He didn't know it of course because everyone thinks the Denstist do that type of work. It was all I could do to keep from laughing.

I was in traffic school once with the short reporter from Channel 19 who was sort of the "Howard Ain" type reporter. How's that for excitement!

Interesting crowd. Sort of like a mini-Wal Mart. All types.

I love the dumb questions the people in there ask also just so they can be heard. Its really sad because you can tell those people actually feel important when they get the floor. Nobody must ever listen to them when they speak. LOL

I love the dumb questions the people in there ask also just so they can be heard. Its really sad because you can tell those people actually feel important when they get the floor. Nobody must ever listen to them when they speak. LOL

I had a few of those idiots in my class just last week. This one woman kept raising her hand and asking questions as if she were going to get bonus points or something. With some of the people that were in there, I'm surprised she survived the first bathroom break :lol: