Gov. Palin Blames Campaign

Clyde

I don't think blaming the worst presidential "campaign" to EVER make an attempt at getting someone elected will harm her. Sitting back and not pointing out the moronic moves that bunch of clowns made would do more harm IMO.

Unless, like Palin, you were one of those moronic moves yourself. :D:thumb:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think blaming the worst presidential "campaign" to EVER make an attempt at getting someone elected will harm her. Sitting back and not pointing out the moronic moves that bunch of clowns made would do more harm IMO.

You're missing the point.

Tell me what she's really saying when she says "why did they send me back out there for a 2nd interview when the first one went so badly?"

Maybe instead of simply citing "reports" of what she supposedly said, from media sources we all concede spout fatuous drivel, someone on here might take the time to find the offending speech so we can see in its context and decide for ourselves?

Maybe instead of simply citing "reports" of what she supposedly said, from media sources we all concede spout fatuous drivel, someone on here might take the time to find the offending speech so we can see in its context and decide for ourselves?

That would take work and might lead to a conclusion other than the one that is already known to be true. It's soooooo much easier to characterized what she said based on one's preconceived notions of her.;)

If it's fatuous drivel you desire, John Ziegler has no paucity of it.

She's obviously desperately trying to remain in the public spotlight, so she takes any opportunity available to play up how she was treated unfairly by the media and improperly handled by the "upper echelons" of the McCain campaign. Maybe Ziegler should have asked her the fair and reasonable question of "Didn't you bring some of the scrutiny about your competence upon yourself with your bungling interview performances?"

From this interview....

Things I agree with Mrs. Palin on:

The media can be hypocritical.

Her family should have been off limits.

There is a void among Americans in learning more than what the media presents to them.

There is a VERY high liklihood of "class" bias in American politics.

Things I disagree with Mrs. Palin on:

The "class" bias is gender specific.

The lower 48 think Alaskans are "bumpkins"

She seemed to feel that it was being an Alaskan that made people think she wasn't in tune with the issues facing the US as a whole.

While she may be on target with her comments about the "legitimate" media capitalizing on exploiting her, the perception that Tina Fey somehow unfairly exploited her is off-base, IMO. It's Tina Fey's JOB to exploit everything for humor. It's Katie Couric's job (for instance) to portray the truth.

That would take work and might lead to a conclusion other than the one that is already known to be true. It's soooooo much easier to characterized what she said based on one's preconceived notions of her.;)

Now that the video has been posted, I'll be more than curious to hear your thoughts on the point I made. Isn't she really saying "I'm not smart enough to send me out there a 2nd time?"

Shooter - "preconceived notions?" Come on. You know better than that. Considering most of us had never heard of her prior to the campaign, our only notions are a direct result of the words that came out of her mouth. Don't try to make this into a "everyone is picking on Sarah" party.

From this interview....

There is a void among Americans in learning more than what the media presents to them.

She seemed to feel that it was being an Alaskan that made people think she wasn't in tune with the issues facing the US as a whole.

While she may be on target with her comments about the "legitimate" media capitalizing on exploiting her, the perception that Tina Fey somehow unfairly exploited her is off-base, IMO. It's Tina Fey's JOB to exploit everything for humor. It's Katie Couric's job (for instance) to portray the truth.

The liberal media's attempt to portray Palin as a total idiot was and is a slap at Alaskans. If she is a stupid woman, then the only way to explain why she had an 85 percent approval rating, including 70 percent of Alaskan Democrats is that Alaskans are backwoods bumpkins.

The media and most liberals totally dismissed the outstanding job that she has done as governor while applying a double standard to the gaffe-prone Delaware senator and the inexperienced Illinois senator with his shady friends and associates.

However, I agree that the time to complain about how she was treated by the media and the totally incompetent campaign that McCain ran has passed. Palin needs to accentuate her many strengths by continuing to advocate for a sane energy policy and a smaller, more fiscally responsible government.

The liberal media's attempt to portray Palin as a total idiot was and is a slap at Alaskans. If she is a stupid woman, then the only way to explain why she had an 85 percent approval rating, including 70 percent of Alaskan Democrats is that Alaskans are backwoods bumpkins.

The media and most liberals totally dismissed the outstanding job that she has done as governor while applying a double standard to the gaffe-prone Delaware senator and the inexperienced Illinois senator with his shady friends and associates.

However, I agree that the time to complain about how she was treated by the media and the totally incompetent campaign that McCain ran has passed. Palin needs to accentuate her many strengths by continuing to advocate for a sane energy policy and a smaller, more fiscally responsible government.

As to your first comment in your reply....I guess I'll have to consider myself unique, then. Because I don't/didn't/don't anticipate that all Alaskans are idiots. The same applies to Kentuckians, Alabaman's (is that a word?), or Mississippians, West Virginian's, etc.

Honestly...I'm not actually unique. I don't really know many people who do.

From this interview....

Excellent analysis, RM.

I think her comment about what she perceived the "what do you read?" question was disingenuous.

I would like to have seen her shoulder some of the blame from the Couric interview. Instead of saying "why are we going back for more?" why not just do a better job when you do go back? Why is it someone else's fault that she said what she said?

My heart did go out to her when discussing the issues surrounding her children, particularly those that still want to believe that Bristol is Trig's mother.